Chapter 13

RING RING RING

"Ahh." I yell and groan in pain. "How did i land on the floor?"

RING RING RING

I realize it's my phone and grab it
"Hello." I respond rubbing my eyes while yawning

"Hey Raine." I hear a familiar voice

"Who is this ?" I ask. The voice sounds so familiar but I have no clue who it is.

" It's Kara silly." She giggles

"Hey Kara ." I laugh

"Raine come over to the house Axel is too shy to invite you over for breakfast." She says then I hear her squeal.  " Axel let me go." She says. "Phone. " He demands . "Fine bye Raine !" She yells

"Bye!." I yell back loud enough for her to hear me

"Hey." I hear and I blush

"Hey Dom." I say and sit on my bed

"So Kara and Vanessa want you to come over for breakfast." He says. Does he sound nervous ?

"Um yeah if that's fine with you ."  I reply

"Yup . I gotta go see you in a few. " He says and immediately drops the phone. That's weird

I brush it off and start getting ready for the day. I take a shower and set pick my outfit for the day. I get a sky blue t- shirt dress then pair it with my doc martens. I apply some mascara and lip gloss and tie my hair up in a bun. Then i take one last look in the mirror and head out.

******

I am standing in front of Axel's house contemplating whether or not I should ring the door bell. I brush off my fear and ring the bell. The door opens and I smile which doesn't last long when I see who is at the door.

"Oh." I mutter in utter disappointment when I see Jessica smirking at me.

"Hi Raine!" She squeals and i scrunch my face up in disgust.

"I-I thought-

"You thought you could get rid of me so quickly well news flash I am still here."She says placing her hands on her hips.

"No you just said that you guys broke-

"Up? Yes we did then last night he texted me saying he was sorry and you know the rest is history." She says and I notice she is wearing Axels shirt and I nod in understanding and cringe at the thought.

"Okay, are you going to let me in or ?" I tell her remembering we are still outside

"Of course !"She squeals and I sigh in walk in noticing that the whole place is spotless. I feel bad for whoever cleaned it must've taken them hours.

"Jessica who was at the door you have been gone for a-

"Hi."I mutter. Well this is awkward....

"Raine."He says scratching the back of his head

"Axel."I reply

"Why are you here?" He suddenly snaps

"You invited me." I say confused

"Whatever just stay away from me." He mumbles and wraps his arm around Jessica and they both leave me standing by the front door.

I cannot keep up with his mood swings. Today we are friends the next he forgets we ever knew each other. I walk quietly through the halls trying to remember were the kitchen is. I finally make it to the kitchen and hear laughter and I smile.

"SUGAR!" Mason yells from across the room and engulfs me in a big hug

"Hi Mase." I blush notice that Axel is staring at us.

I am suddenly being dragged out of the kitchen and I shriek in panic.

"Vanessa you scared me!" I say placing my arm on my chest

"I did not know she was here."She says .

"It's fine Ness." I say 

"Wait how did Mason and I end up on the same bed." she says blushing and I giggle remembering how drunk they were.

"You and Mason were wasted so i had to drag your asses to bed." I explain

"Oh.So did I miss any drama?" She asks 

"So apparently Axel broke up with Jessica last night." I tell her and she squeals

"So why is that bitch still here!"She yells and I cover her mouth.

"Shhh! I hope they didn't hear you."I tell her laughing at her reaction.

"So what if they did that skank needs to go."She says and we both laugh.

"Anyway so he broke up with her then the weirdest thing happened I was at the roof reading-

"Seriously Raine at a party?"She asks in disbelief

"I told you I would need it."She shakes her head and I continue the story."Then Axel came up and we were talking then-

"YOU KISSED I KNEW IT -

"Vanessa let me finish.We did not kiss ! We just went to my house after i made a cake for him we watched a movie together then he went back home." I tell her and she nods and frowns. "What?"

"So why is she still here? Axel still likes you ."She says 

"No he does not why does everyone say that?" I say throwing my arms up in frustration

"He does."she says chasing after me as i walk back into the kitchen.

I notice that breakfast had already been served so i take a sit far from away from away from them and sit in between kara and mason. I stare at my food not wanting to eat when I see Axel and Jessica making out. I glance at Kara who is not fazed by it and is enjoying her food. I look at Mason who is eating like he hasn't eaten in years and I look at Vanessa who is already looking at me and we both laugh at Mason. After minutes of staring at my food I finally decide to eat and I moan in delight and smile. I love food. I look up and see Axel staring at me. He furrows his eyebrows and stares deeply into my eyes like he is trying to figure me out. He then looks away and shakes his head.

After all the plates had been cleared we are all sitting on the table listening to Mason's ridiculous stories about him and Axel we all laugh and I take a look around the room and freeze when a tall dark and handsome man around the age of fifty walks in and the atmosphere around the room suddenly changes.