Chapter 23

I slept the rest of the flight and wake up when I feel the plane touch the ground. I jerk my eyes open and find Axel standing up stretching.

"Axel sit down or you're gonna fall."I warn and he ignores me on cue the plane comes to a sudden stop and he jerks forward landing on his face and I burst out laughing. One of his air hostesses run up to him and help him up and I am to busy laughing.

"Mr white a-are you o-okay?"She stutters frantically.

"I'm fine ."He snaps jerking his arms away .

I keep giggling and he huffs and walks away. 

I look around and realize that Mason and Vanessa are no where to be seen. On cue they both walk out from the bathroom and I take in their appearance. Mason is fixing his now rumpled shirt while Vanessa brushes her disheveled hair .

"OH. MY . GOD." I say slowly my brain still taking in what is going on.

"You said she was sleeping."Vanessa murmurs to Mason.

"She was ." He groans and I smirk.

"You guys are the worst friends ever." I say crossing my arms pretending to be offended. I started to suspect that something was going on between them about a week ago when I saw they come out of an old classroom in school alone. But I am still kind of hurt they didn't tell me.

"Raine w-we can e-explain." Vanessa mumbles

"We are just friends!" Mason bursts out and Vanessa looks down clearly hurt and I sigh.

"Friends huh?" I ask trying to get more out of them.

"Well we are still trying to figure ... this... out." Vanessa  says.

"So you're... -

"F*ck buddies" Axel mutters suddenly from behind me and I gasp slightly .

"Language." I tell him refusing to look him in the eyes because his statement made me blush

"Oh please princess you've heard worse , now can we get off this damn plane I am hungry." Axel groans and Mason roll his eyes.

"Baby." He mutters.

"Prude." Axel replies

"Wait a minute Axel knew but I didn't." I realize .

" We've all been friends before you existed of course they'll tell me and not you." He scoffs.

"Axel! That's not true!" Vanessa says. " I m-mean we have been friends b-but that's not why we didn't tell you we just-

"It's fine, I get it, let's just go." I say  and pick up my carry on and make my way up to the exit.

"Raine  it's not that-

"Why do you guys always treat her like a child she says she fine." Axel says and Vanessa sighs.

"Raine are you sure you're okay." Vanessa says.

"Yeah I am just sleepy." I lie.

"Okay." She mutters with a smile I can't believe she can't tell I'm upset.

We walk down the steps of the jet and I found a six seater black jeep waiting for us. I tug on my hoodie and shiver . Mason and Vanessa walk ahead bickering about something and Axel is behind them being his usual moody self and that leaves me trailing behind them. They all get int the car behind me and when I get in and of course the only available seat is next to Axel. I awkwardly take a seat next to him. 

"Raine you have to come skiing with us!" Vanessa chirps  breaking the silence.

"I don't ski."I say briefly, looking away.