First Night II

Good day! I'm back again. I'm so busy with my college these days so I could not update. I hope you'll like this chapter!

Please comment here if you want to have Kouichi's POV written. I'll consider it. 

Maki

--------------------------------------

Kouichi stood outside the door of the bathroom. One hand on the back of his neck and the other rests at the side of his hip. He bit his lip as he thought of Mei using his towel. 

"By the way, Mei, " Kouichi asked. He moved slightly closer to the bathroom door. "Did you bring your clothes to change there? I can get out of the room if you want."

Mei nod her head inside the bathroom. She tugged the ends of the towel to her body more tightly. "I brought my clothes here. Don't worry."

"Okay, I'm sorry I used your towel..." He shook his head to the side, as if to getting angry to himself for what he has done.

"It's okay...how's your nose?" Mei asked while starting to clothe herself into her pajamas.

"Umm...it's getting better now. Thanks for helping me." He smiled at the other side.

"I see...that's good."

The shy boy nodded and wanted to continue their conversation but it seems like it's only dying. He decided to just get back to his bed instead, Mei will have more privacy when she is preparing to go to bed. 

"Yeah...I'll go back to my bed, Mei. I'll take a shower after you."

"Un, I'll be quick."

"Oh, no, no...no pressure. It's okay." Kouichi put his hand up in the air unconsciously. "It's okay, no need to rush." He smiled.

"Thanks, Sakakibara-kun."

"You're welcome."

Kouichi's body is heating up. He knows that he was flustered easily by the idea that Mei used his towel by mistake. If this continues, he needs to change his roommate.  It seems like he is the only one who has a roommate of his opposite sex. 

He wondered why he is the only one. 

Before he could think any further, Mei went out of the bathroom. She is wearing pajamas which are white in color and has small cherries printed in it. She looks younger when she wears this kind of clothes. She should be around 18 this year, yet she looks like 16. Her hair is long and a little bit wet from the shower. 

Kouichi stared at her for a little bit longer. His back hunched as he is sitting on his bed and staring at her, almost awkwardly. There was only silence for about two minutes until Mei walked past his bed to put her lotion, shampoo and other things on the side of her bed. She neither blinked nor get discomfort from what happened earlier. There is only a blank face.

A beautiful blank face. 

The thought crossed his mind briefly, making him confused. 

"Sakakibara-kun..." 

Kouichi looked away and unto the floor. His eyes deep and thinking. He clasped his hands together and released a breath. 

"Yes, what is it?"

"I have a request to you." 

Kouichi's heart thumped wildly behind the cages of his chest. He stood up from his bed calmly, his height towering over her closely from behind. Kouichi distanced himself from the girl that made him curious. 

His hand came up to the back of his neck again. "Sure, you can ask me anything." He said with a smile. "Not just money though." He laughed.

Mei gave a smile and almost laughed. She covered her lips with her hands as she hears Kouichi laugh at his own joke.

"Is that a joke?" She asked.

Kouichi's brows furrowed from her question. Wow, first time that she asked such a normal question.

"Umm, no...I'm serious. I'm dead broke right now." He gave out a chuckle again. "Why, what is your request?"

She turned to him again, her eyes bore into him completely.

"Don't talk to me at school."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  -

Kouichi stood inside the shower. His bare body being relaxed by the warm water. He could still smell the remaining scent of Mei's soap and shampoo lingering inside the bathroom. He exhaled deeply. On the first day in the dorms and he received a request from his roommate to never talk to her at school. Is this normal? Maybe this girl hates him. She does not seem like the type to talk or hang out. She is almost like him but more vain?

Kouichi closed his eyes and stayed inside the shower for more than 15 minutes to at least dissipate the amount of tension between him and the girl outside the bathroom.

Once he is done with his night routine, he walked out of the bathroom and saw Mei already sleeping on her bed, with her back facing him. He went to the side of the room where his bed is located. Surely, she slept on the smaller bed first to avoid him telling her to get the bigger bed.

Kouichi propped himself on his bed and checked his phone. Oh goodness, it is 12 AM. 

He ran his hand through his wet hair. His mom said it's not good to go to bed with wet hair. He might end up with a cold the next day.

He took the towel which was Mei's originally and rubbed it on his hair.

Speaking of which...did Mei go to bed with a wet hair?

He got up from his bed and moved closer to Mei to inspect her. Her hair is long and a little bit thick so it must be hard to dry it, right?

He checked her hair while bending a little bit. He is a little worried about her. It is so cold these days...and it is uncomfortable to sleep with a wet hair. It seems weird that he is checking her hair while she is sleeping but...well, he already did. Her hair seems shiny and Kouichi could not distinguish it from wet or just shiny.

No, no, it would be bad touching her hair. 

His actions betrayed his mind as he touched her hair briefly with his long fingers. Mei stirred in her sleep and turned around. The boy panicked and ran back to his side of the room. 

He shook his head and covered his whole face.

Ahhh...I should request a change of bedroom.

The boy went to bed with shame that night.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Hope you liked the chapter!

Please vote and comment if you want more. It'll be a big help to keep me motivated in continuing this story.

 I'll be back again soon. See you!

Maki