Day of the Month

Good day! I just finished my examination so I'll be updating this week.

I hope you'll enjoy this next update. If you like this chapter, please consider to vote. Thanks!

Maki

- - - - - - - - - - - -

It's the day of the month.

Mei is sitting on the toilet as she faced the reality of her womanhood. It's been two weeks since she moved on the dormitory. The last two weeks were peaceful. Nothing happened in particular with Kouichi, besides the time that he got soap inside his eyes and cried loudly inside the bathroom. He was moaning with pain. It surprised Mei who was studying that night. He went on with his shower and pretended that nothing happened. He laughed awkwardly when he went out and explained how he got soap inside his eyes. Mei just nodded in response to him. That night, they both went to bed at the same time. 

Sliding the drawers inside the bathroom, she picked up a sanitary pad that she bought last week. Kouichi saw her inside the convenience store, lining up with the sanitary napkin in her hands. He waved at her and did not notice anything. Mei could not care less, it is part of her life to be a woman and have this every month.

The thing that she worries about is the pain that will come in the next days.

Occasionally, she can feel abdominal cramps accompanied with a painful migraine. It may be the worst feeling of her life.

Mei finished her monthly routine and went out of the bathroom. She exhaled a little bit loudly. The painful abdominal pain is starting to get to her. She puts her hand on her abdomen for a moment. This will be a painful week.

She saw Kouichi sitting on his bed with his head bent on his phone. He looked up to her when she went out of the bathroom. Her long hair is all over the place and she has her hand on her abdomen.

"Hey, are you okay?" Kouichi asked Mei with a worried voice. It is the first time that he saw her in this state. She seemed as strong as a rock since they became a roommate.

Mei looked back to Kouichi. She gave a little nod, "Yeah. I'm okay." She walked to her small study table and sat on her chair. She started her study.

The boy got up from his bed and went to Mei. 

"Mei..." He whispered. Mei moved back in surprise. She looked up at him as he hover over her. He smiled at her. "Do you want to order food?" He gave a cheeky smile while showing the new delivery app that he found from the app store.

"We already ate dinner..." Mei said to him without any expression.

Kouichi chuckled while scratching his head, "It wasn't enough for a grown man like me so..."

"Would our dormitory allow delivery?"

"Oh, no, I don't think so but I will pick it up from outside the dormitory." He smiled again, showing a little bit of his tongue.

He became different from the quiet Kouichi that she remembered. She nodded at him and continued her study. Kouichi stood beside her, feeling a little awkward.

The night continued with Kouichi looking for food and Mei trying to endure the pain in her abdomen. There are times where she would feel pain in her lower body as well. She does not have any appetite.

Kouichi decided not to bother anymore since he felt how uncomfortable she is when he asked her to eat with him. They were both silent for some time until Mei broke it.

"I'm so sorry. I'm not uncomfortable with you...I just feel unwell today so don't be bothered..."

Kouichi looked up at her in surprise. He gave a little smile while rubbing the back of his neck.

"It's okay...it's nothing serious. I completely understand you."

Mei returned to her study and they both continued with the night. Kouichi was waiting for his delivery late at night. The quiet girl worries about him. What if he gets indigestion?

She got up and head for the bathroom. Her period was beginning to feel heavy and she felt the need to use the bathroom. When she got inside the bathroom she heard Kouichi say that he will go out to pick up his delivery. 

She found out that a blood has leaked on her pajamas. She blushed so hard as she contain this information inside her head. Mei reassured herself by thinking that Kouichi never saw her pajamas because he was looking at his phone the entire time. She decided not to look into things so seriously and just get on with it. She fixed herself up and cleaned her womanly things.

- - - - - - - - 

Kouichi went inside the convenience store before heading back to the room. He was happily carrying the food as he entered the building. He entered their room and put the food in their small shared table. Before he could eat anything, he settled a chocolate bar and a drink beside Mei. The girl looked at him from the side. 

"I thought you would need it." He gave her a polite and kind smile which brought warmth to Mei's body. All she felt that night was the pain brought to her by her period but she felt happier that Kouichi gave her a smile that she has longed for a long time.

She looked at the chocolate bar and drink. There, she saw her favorite snacks.

Mei looked at Kouichi as if in panic. The possibility that he may have known her has struck her mind. Kouichi looked back at Mei and asked her to eat pizza with him. He looks unbothered.

Mei gave him a small smile.

"Sakikibara-kun." 

"Hai?"

"Arigato." Mei gave him the sweetest smile that he have ever seen and he felt the warmth in his cheeks rushing. 

It was a very comfortable night for them, filled with small smiles, sincere words and a thoughtful gesture.

- - - - - - - - - - -

The next day, both Kouichi and Mei have to head for their classes. However, Mei seems to be unwell and weak. She looked paler than usual and her usual pinkish lips are chapped and pale. Kouichi insisted in walking with her so that he could help her if she needed to go back to the dorm but Mei didn't want to bother him.

"You can go first, nothing bad will happen to me."

"It's okay. I can wait for you." Kouichi insisted. 

Mei waved a hand in front of her. "I'm okay. It's nothing serious."

At the time she said those words, she limped and almost fell down. Kouichi acted fast and grabbed her by her waist, his arms acted as a support for her as he caught her head with his hands gently. She could be saved from having a painful bruise had she fell down without anyone saving her. 

Kouichi carried her with all his strength. She settled down on her bed and thanked him. She lie down on the bed while looking at Kouichi who is doing his best.

"Thank you again, Kouichi. I'll take a rest for today so you can go back to school."

"Okay." He looked at her again with worry in his face. "I'll head here right away after school."

Mei smiled at him, "This is not serious...I'll be fine. I've been dealing with this every month." 

The boy blushed as he walk to his school. Did he just overreact over a woman's time of the month? But Mei really looked unwell so he could not help but worry.

At the end of the class, Kouichi headed back home with many treats for Mei to enjoy.

Without knowing it, both have become fonder of each other. The closeness that they had before is starting to grow.