Mysterious Call

When Mei woke up, she couldn't go back to sleep anymore. They fell asleep again from sunset until dawn, they couldn't even eat dinner. She moved a little and felt a little pain on her body. Enduring the pain, she freed herself from Kouichi's arms. 

She used her arm as she sat up from the bed and checked the time, squinting in the dark as she look at the wall clock. Kouichi moved suddenly, making her head turn.

"Mei..." 

"Sakakibara-kun..."

Now, as she look at him, all that the moments they shared together went  back to her mind and she flushed a deep red in the dark. Kouichi did not notice it as his eyes are still half close. He pulled himself up and sat behind Mei. Then, with one arm, he wrapped them around Mei's waist while he use his other hand to balance himself on the bed.

"You couldn't sleep?" He whispered. He noticed that it's just dawn, it looks so dark outside.

Mei nodded her head and looked at him from her side. "You can go back to bed..."

Kouichi looked at her with observant eyes, looking for something in her face. Mei noticed that he looks more mature than ever before and he looks extremely serious as he watch her closely. But Mei's face looks very serene than disturbed. Kouichi's worry washed away.

"Don't worry. I'm just gonna take a shower." Mei said with her usual quiet voice. She touched his hand gently and remove his hold on her. "I'll be back."

Kouichi nodded and looked at her retreating figure. She picked up her dress from the floor and covered her body with it, then she walked quickly inside the bathroom.

Kouichi chuckled as he watch her and he went back to bed.

When Mei finished her shower, Kouichi is up. He couldn't go back to bed as well so he rolled around the bed and missed her presence beside him. He wanted to cuddle for a longer time but it seems that she wants to take a shower badly. He understood it as they had it rough last night. Right now, what she needs is a good and warm shower.

He got up as well and pulled his sweatpants on. Right then, Mei went out of the bathroom and saw Kouichi's silhouette in the room. His beautiful back turned to her as he struggled to put on his sweatpants. 

Although a fleeting urge of hugging him crossed her mind, Mei walked past him and to the cabinet. Not trying to be too close to him as she chose a simple t-shirt and pants. 

"You can change here." Kouichi said calmly in a as-a-matter-of-fact manner.

Then, with Mei's innocence, she looked up at him with her big eyes. "Here?" She asked in a nervous tone.

Kouichi nodded, "I'm gonna take a shower too so you don't have to worry." When he walked pass her, he held her hand briefly.

Mei had the room all to herself so she waited for Kouichi to lock the door. However, the boy who closed the door of the bathroom didn't lock it at all and Mei blushed with his actions. Shaking her head, she began dressing up.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Mei," Kouichi called from the bathroom door. When Mei turned, she saw him wearing nothing but a towel. Although she has seen everything of him, she couldn't help but feel extremely shy. The thought that he is doing this when they are both in a normal state of mind unnerved her. "Did you find my t-shirt? The white one."

"You have many white t-shirts..." She responded, a little dumbfounded. 

Kouichi's brows furrowed. He bit his lip while looking at her, thinking where he last put it. He didn't mean to appear appealing to her but his actions looks like he is enticing the little girl.