Discovering Spider-Man

Mary Jane
Age:16

Homecoming

Last year's homecoming was not only my first homecoming but also one of the most awkward nights of my life, it could have been the end of my high school reputation. I went with some friends. Harry, Peter, my good friend Liz, and some other friends from our friend group. I was planning on having a great night, just enjoying the start of high school with my friends.

May even took me shopping for a dress. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a new dress, luckily May knew a great secondhand shop, with a lot of great dresses. I ended up find a knee long dress in a pretty bubblegum color. I was pretty tight, but it still allowed me to move and dance.

The night started out great, I had a good time. That was until, Pete pulled me away from the dancefloor and in a corner where nobody really noticed us and whispered gently in my ear, that there was blood on my dress. Peter's cheeks got just as red as mine, when I confirmed him, that I was very much having my first period in front of our entire school. I felt a wet spot behind me. I began to panic.

I was so embarrassed, I almost felt like crying, God what if someone had noticed? I would be labeled as the unlucky girl, who got her first period in front of the entire school.

But then Peter started to take his green shirt of, keeping his white t-shirt on. He offered it to me, so I could walk out with it tied around my waist, covering the bloody stain. I couldn't help but smile at him in that moment. I gladly took it and tied it around. I gave him a quick hug, thanking him.

I left homecoming that night, embarrassed, frustrated and kinda angry. I asked myself why it had to be tonight of all night. Thanks Mother Nature.... At least Peter helped me, he wasn't even that awkward about it. Other boys might have shouted about it or teased me. But Peter was so mature about it, for a 14-year-old boy. I truly doubt either one of us will ever forget that night.

But with this year's homecoming I want it to be memorable in a whole other way. A more positive and waaay less embarrassing night. I couldn't use my dress from last year, mostly because it was permanently stained from the blood, but also because my body have changed quite a lot this last year. My boobs have definitely grown, to the point where I could fill out a B-cup. My hips have widened, along with my ass. I was changing, no denying that.

So, I borrowed a dress from Liz, it's a plain black dress with spaghetti straps. I have my hair up in a ponytail, because I know how hot it gets in the gym, with a bunch of teenagers grinding up against each other. I did however tie some hair around the elastic to give some style.

It was the plan to go with the same friends as last year. But both Harry and Liz are dating someone currently so they're going with them. Peter and I decided to go together. Just as friends.... Obviously.

May happily offered to drive us, since her beloved husband: Ben was brutally murdered a few months ago, she needs to do something with her life, as a way to distract herself from the pain, of losing her true love.

I swear, I have never seen a person more heartbroken than May the day of Ben's funeral. Both Peter and May distanced themself from the world while they were grieving, until they step by step go out there again.

I actually worried about Peter for a while, cause sometimes after the funeral he would show up to school all sore and blue, he has had sect black eyes, he claimed he just ran into a door.
I didn't believe him for a sec. I was so scared he was fighting someone, But I couldn't get him to spill. he was pretty hard to get to through in that period. Eventually the bruises stopped, and he went back to himself.

I tried to be there for them, just as they had been there for me when my mother finally divorced my father and left the city to move back to Montoursville in Pennsylvania, her birth town. I see her in the holidays and from time to time, she's happy.