5-Party Time

3 months later

Emma was taking me to a party tonight because she thought I should take a break from homework and school.I didn't really want to go to this party because I rather be playing the piano with Ross back at home in the music room, because he always found a way to make me happy, but for right now I was stuck going to this party with Emma.It was my first party here in California and I'm pretty sure these high schoolers throw crazier parties than the ones back at my old high school in Colorado.I was messing with my thumbs like I always do when I'm nervous.

"Would you relax?You'll be fine, you look cute enough for a boy to fall madly in love with you tonight." Emma exaggerates.

"Yeah I doubt that'll happen tonight."

"C'mon Laura, lighten up, you look amazing, you should feel amazing too.Have I ever told you that your hair looks amazing?"

I smile and roll my eyes at her hyper and corky self.

Emma was wearing a short dress with very sparkly and glittery high heels, her hair was all gathered up on one side and neatly curled.I on the other hand, was wearing a skirt and a crop top.Which I thought was cute, but I didn't fit the mold of all the other girl at the party.My hair was done into a cute side braid that went along with my ombré hair.

We parked the car and we got to the house.There was red Solo cups thrown around the front lawn, music was blaring so loud that the whole city could hear it.We walk into the house and see people drinking, teens making out on the kitchen counter, beers bottles and girls shirts all over the floor.I already hated this place.

I rather be reading on my bed or watching Netflix.I turned around to see that Emma already disappeared into the crowd.They were playing awful music that was filled with cuss words and nothing meaningful.I hated everything about this place.I turn to see a water bottle, so I open and take a sip and sure enough it was alcohol.I spit it right out of my mouth and out the water bottle back.They filled all the water bottles and cups with some sort of drink which I thought was awful.I didn't even know who's party this was.

I make my way through the crowds and try to find the bathroom so I could wash the taste of alcohol out of my mouth.I found a hallway that leads to what I hope is a bathroom.I open a door and immediately close it with my widened eyes.It was two people getting it on in the bathtub.I can't help, but think.Wouldn't that be uncomfortable?

I walk away and I find Emma drinking out of a red solo cup.I push through the crazy and wild crowd.I go up to her and take the cup from her."Hey.Give that back!" She yells

"Oh my god..."I mutter "Emma!You need to stop drinking!"

"I knew I never should brought you here.You know why?Because you're such a attention seeker and you never wanna have fun.Your so boring and annoying.And you know what?Im done with you following me around school all the time and the only reason you have friends is because of me!IM DONE WITH YOUR SHIT!"

I flinched at her use of words as a teardrops rolled down my cheek.At this time almost everybody was watching us.I look down and bite my lip shyly while tears are flowing down my cheeks.

"Look Emma I'm sorr-" I get cut off by Emma yelling at me again

"Laura, shut the hell up!" Then she does something unexpected, and she slaps me causing me to fall to the floor.

I hold my cheek, hoping that the burning sensation will go away, but it doesn't.At this time I didn't even want to try to help her anymore.I just wanted to go home.I run out of the house, as I feel two people throw their drinks at me,I run faster while holding my cheek and sobbing my eyes out.I get out and cry.My first instinct is to call Ross...so I do.He picks up on the third ring.I don't even try to hold in my sobs.