Some questions

Aksel's pov
      I looked across the fire and asked "what do you think sentinel did to those people?" I heard Finka to my right "whatever it was it has to be a crime against humanity" I nodded as Thatcher spoke "we just have to hope that we can stop it, no one deserves what they became" I shivered at the memory before Tinker commented "I've been in a lot of war zones, I've seen a lot of messed up things. Nothing compares to those things" I sighed as I looked up at the sky before I heard Ash "Onyx you do that a lot" I looked at her and asked "do what?" She spoke "you just look up at whatever's above you, you did it in the briefing, you did it in the plane, you're doing it now" Finka spoke "now that she mentions it, you do do that a lot" ash asked "so why do you do it?" I replied "when I was a kid the butler that looked after me was named Humphrey, whenever he got annoyed or nervous he'd look up and watch how still everything was, how calm and serene it was and it'd help him calm down"
Thatcher asked "you get nervous that much?" I replied "nej(no), it's just a habit I have whenever I get bored. We work outside a lot so I watch the clouds" he just laughed as we sat around talking. At first I worried about the fire before nomad informed us that there were several campfires all around the island so one more would go unnoticed. I looked at the ground before commenting "there were more than I expected" tinker asked "what?" I explained "I can sense when there's someone around me, I've trained myself to be able to do it. I can close my eyes and still know exactly how you're sitting and where you are but I didn't feel that with those things. There were dozens and all I felt was eyes on me" Tinker sighed and spoke "those things were fuckin horrifying. I doubt I'm getting much sleep tonight" I replied "as far as we know they can only survive in the gas, there's no gas within 4 miles of us. Besides I've got first watch" I heard Finka reply "I don't remember giving you that job" I looked over briefly and replied "I have a fast reloading 100 round machine gun and have the best chance of detecting anyone trying to sneak up."
Thatcher spoke "as much as I dislike the idea, he's got a point" I looked at thatcher and asked "what don't you like about the situation?" He replied "you seem like a lone warrior, you think you're all that and I think you're a liability" I chuckled before speaking "bold of you to assume that whatever you think of me is gonna stop me king my job, din skide dinosaur(you fuckin dinosaur)" he couldn't understand the Danish parts but he got the tone and scowled at it. Ash spoke "enough, thatcher lay down and go to sleep. Onyx you have guard duty, now the two of you stop bickering like school girls and do your fucking job" I chuckled and commented "someone's feisty" as I climbed a tree and set myself up for a long boring security detail. I rested like a leopard waiting for an unsuspecting prey that I hoped never came. It was a long quiet night before Thatcher stirred and spoke "get some sleep, I'll take over from here on out" as he yawned. I looked him over before nodding and leaning back.
       I woke up the next morning and looked over to my right seeing the low grounds of the island until I felt a presence. I lifted my 416 off my legs and looked to my left aiming as the presence got closer until I saw Nomad's face appear in my sights, I relaxed and stayed firmly in the tree, blending seamlessly into the tree as the team reacted to the threat I already made sure was nonexistent. They relaxed and started talking before I heard Nomad "so where's onyx?" I looked at her standing directly below me as Finka said "last I saw he climbed a tree haven't seen him since" thatcher spoke "he slept in it too but when I checked this morning he wasn't there" I silently chuckled as Tinker asked "did you guys forget he's a master of disappearing? He's literally the foremost expert on it" nomad asked "which tree?" Ash replied "that one" while pointing at me as Nomad looked up and scoured the tree not seeing anything until I blinked. I smirked as she gasped before I waved, she chuckled as everyone asked "what?" She pointed straight up as I rolled to my left and dropped to my feet.
I leaned on nomad and asked "did you guys really struggle to see me?" They nodded as Thatcher looked any other direction as I smirked in superiority. I looked at nomad and asked "so what brings you up our way?" She replied "I've got information on a scientist who's not so happy about being forced to create the gas. The plan is to go, kill any sentinels keeping the docs working and then talk to the head guy. Once we do that we'll get the chemical plans for the gas and doc Ballard will create a nullifying counter agent." I leaned against the tree trunk as Tinker asked "so what's the plan?" Nomad explained "tonight at dusk, we'll meet 3 klicks east of here. I'll have a vehicle there and we can move to the target. After that it's a standard breach and clear. We locate the lead scientist and get the plans and bug out before the sentinel reinforcements arrive" I heard Thatcher "lot of things bank on everything go according to plan" nomad challenged "you guys are supposed to be the best, are you saying you can't take a research center?" I chuckled as thatcher stammered out his reply before muttering about two of us.