Chapter Twenty One

Enjoy and sorry for any mistakes

Mentions of the map will be added in this chapter so if you need to, please review it

***

Taehyung started at the bare chest of his lover with furrowed brows, his arms bent over his chest as he watched Jimin stitch up the wound on Jeongguk's skin. It wasn't that deep because, fortunately, his lover was built up enough to protect himself, but it was still a wound inflicted because of him. Or that's what he used to think before they all walked back inside and the two man in front of them revealed the truth.

"So, you're telling me," General Namjoon spoke as he looked between Jimin and Jeongguk. "that the two of you hired an assassin to throw an arrow at Taehyung so that you could put Lee in jail?"

When Jimin looked up, finally done with the stitching, Taehyung walked towards Jeongguk and started bandaging his shoulder himself right under the other's careful gaze. "Are you mad at me?" The other asked, his voice so soft that Taehyung couldn't understand how could that be the same man as before.

Sighing, he shook his head. "No. I'm mad at myself for putting you in danger."

When he looked up, there was a smile on Jeongguk's face but what actually surprised him was the moment the other leaned in and pressed his lips on his right in front of everyone. "You never put me in danger. I protect you because I want to, because you're my Taehyung and I'd rather watch me get hurt instead of you."

Taehyung's cheeks reddened and his mind blanked out once he realized they weren't alone. When he looked up, Namjoon and Seokjin were staring at them with their mouths wide open while Jimin and Yoongi were snickering to themselves. However, the lack of  expression on his mother's face was the one that made Taehyung's heart beat faster in fear.

"Uhm," Namjoon finally mumbled, pinching Seokjin so that the other would close his mouth. "moving on. Jimin, I need answers."

Hearing the chuckle Jeongguk let fall past his lips, Taehyung turned towards him and punched his thigh. "Why would you do that?" He asked, all of the anger disappearing once he noticed just how happy Jeongguk looked with that huge smile on his face.

"It's not like they're going to question the actions of two Kings, right? Plus," he stopped, leaning in until their foreheads were touching. "I'm allowed to love you, aren't I?"

He didn't know when and how it happened but Jeongguk was starting to become more daring, something that wasn't good for Taehyung's heart because it was going to explode soon.

Fortunately, Jimin's voice broke the awkwardness.

"Moving on, it's not like you two weren't completely obvious before so stop making a drama out of it. To answer your question, Namjoon," the other said, moving to the middle of the room and leaning on the table. "we didn't hire an assassin. General Lee did but fortunately, he's a friend of mine so we asked him to cooperate with us. Jeongguk didn't actually hurt him with that dagger, you see, because if he would've done that, then the assassin wouldn't have been able to help us get this lovesick fool's throne back."

"So he's working with you?" Seokjin asked.

"Yes. He should be here any second now. I also asked him to retrieve something from General Lee."

Taehyung looked up at Jeongguk, realizing that the other was already watching him with an intense gaze. "Did you know about this?"

"Partly, but it's not like you can stop Jimin from doing what he wants. I only knew that I had to be prepared to protect you but that wasn't something new to me. I'm always prepared to do so."