Chapter 2-Long way home

The ride in the car was bearable for the most part, my mom and sister were bickering at each other like usual. Any other time I would usually stand up for my sister and tell my mom off , but it must be the Christmas spirit or the fact that im so excited to go home, that I have decided to sit back and not get involved.  

A few minutes past and their loud bickering soon turned into a silent hum of the tires.

“ So how’s Holden?” I managed to break the silent tension. I could see my moms pissed off expression turn into a some what smile as she stared at me threw her front mirror.

“He’s doing great, Dylan picked him up from the Airport yesterday night, I assume his sleeping habits are horrid by now but I guess that’s what happens when u spent 8 months in England.” She said rolling her eyes.

“Mom. Its not like its his fault.” I said laughing and gently patting her shoulder, I could tell she was under a lot of stress lately, trying to get home ready for two of her kids to return home.

“I know sweetie, I just don’t want him to spend his vacation sleeping, that’s all. According to Dylan he is super excited too see you two!” She said patting Nivea on the knee.

Holding was Nivea and I’s older brother, he moved to England last spring for school when he turned 21. Well that’s the story he likes to stick with, when we all know was because his girlfriend was originally from there and he would have been distraught if she left with out him.

The car ride seemed to be endless, I guess that’s what I get for choosing a school 6 hours away from where I lived. But I managed I laid back into the leather interior and gently place my headphones in as I slowly drifted to sleep.

“Home sweet Home!!”Nivea said opening my door and dragging my delicate body out.

“Knock it off, freak” I said playfully pushing her.

“No, You!” She said pinching my arm.

“Ugh, Gosh I’ve missed you..” I said running after her into our large mansion of a home.

“Hello…The lady of the hour has arrived!” I yelled down the corridor while dropping my purse on the ground by my biker boots.

“Is that my Hay barrel I hear!” I heard the overly familiar voice call out as I saw the figure of my brother gracefully run down the spiral stairs. He ran towards me and lifted me up and gave me the biggest bear hug ever! “Put me down Holden! “ I choked out. “Ive missed your Hayden, hows life, hows school, you make a lot of friends yet,wheres Nivea?” He said all at once , causing me too wince... “Gosh Holden let me get threw the door before you go all 20 questions on me” I laughed playfully punching him in his toned arms.

“Is that my OLAY I see?!”Holden yelled out towards the car where my mother and sister were fighting and bickering once again…I think this time it was about Nivea borrowing my mothers shoes..

“Don’t call me that…”Nivea whined giving Holden a hug and kiss. Holden like to give us nicknames, we hated them, all of them.

“A Little help!” I heard my mother cry from the steps as she dropped all my books on the ground. We were so preoccupied in our sibling reunion we completely forgot about our mom.

“MOM! Those are expensive…” I cried jolting towards my prized possessions. I heard the sound of quick foot steps running towards us.

“I got it darling” I heard the friendly call of my stepfather come running past me and straight to my mothers arms where he picked up all the books and neatly stacked them. “Nice to have you home Hayden” He said given me a quick peak on the cheek.

I stood back and looked around, Nivea and mom were at it again Holden was doing push ups on the front lawn and Dylan was finishing unloading the car…it feels good to be home.