Chapter 3-Night out

“What would you like for dinner sweetheart?” Dylan said as he knocked on my already open door, I was currently laying on my white carpeted floor listening to Ed Sheeran and somewhat reevaluating my life. I slowly sat up and on to my bed when I told him to come in.

“Nothing special, Pizza will do.” I said hoping he would be fine with the idea of take out when I knew for a fact he would not..

“Nonsense, its your first night back, I’ll ask Betty to whip up something nice.” He said turning to leave my room. Betty was our in-house , house keeper/ chef. She was amazing and we really got along,  I just never saw the point in extravagant meals.

“That wont be ness..” I began to say before he cut me off.

“Dinners in an hour , ask your siblings to shower and get ready.” He asked, not waiting for a response and gently closing my door.

I don’t know what it was about Dylan but he had this thing about us getting all dressed up for a normal night dinner. I didn’t really mind all that much it gave me an excuse to by more clothes.

I still had a solid 20 minutes left after I showered and got dressed for dinner. I decided to unpack a little bit more. I wanted to place my books, music and art supplies in the guest room beside me so I could be sure it was all safe. The guest room wasn’t far at all, infact it was attached to my room, well only I knew.

About a year ago I was moving my furniture around when I realized a hallow spot in the wall behind  my shelving unit. The guest bedroom was usually locked and one ever went in there, not even Betty. So it’s a perfect hide away when I need one.

Right as I was about to move my unit to get into my small peaceful space, I herd the door handle turn and the doorway revealed my sister. She was wearing a powder pink strapless dress that went to just above the knee with a white knitted cardigan that just about hit the ground and she had white pumps on and had perfectly perfected the sock bun on her head. Like I said we were complete opposites for dinner attire I settled on metallic leggings and a black muscle shirt with a large white cross on the front. I paired it with my studded black wedges. I lightly waved my hair and pinned and poofed my bangs back.

We made our way to the dining room where we could here the faint sounds of conversation.

“There are my beautiful girls.” Dylan said as he stood up to introduce the meal…like always.

Nivea and I took our seats beside each other like always far from our mother and close to Holden .

“Tonight Betty has made stuffed duck, pork lion, steamed broccoli and corn, also hand picked baked potatoes and cheese cake for dessert.” Dylan announced before taking his seat beside my over dressed mother.

“Shall we…” Holden said as he raised his glass towards the chandelier.

Everyone else followed, me and Nivea couldn’t help but snicker a bit at the awkward situation.

“To Family, We are all back together as one family, I love you all.”

“Love you” We all chimed after Holden returned to his seat.

The dinner seemed longer than usual, it could have been because I m a vegetarian and a new one at that. I didn’t want to offend Betty by not indulging in her hard worked meal so I placed a small amount of each and just picked at it until I just said I was too full to finish.

After dinner I returned to my room full of bags that have yet to be unpacked.

“Ugh..” I huffed, falling onto my Triple king size bed. No joke my whole family would have no problem fitting on it with room to spare.