12. THH + GD guys and their reactions to "I love you"

Another request! This one was also for all boys, but at the moment I only write for the Trigger Happy Havoc and Goodbye Despair boys. I'm still playing Killing Harmony, so it'll be a little while before I write for them. However, when I do start writing for them please feel free to request this prompt again! Also, it took me nearly two months to write the previous prompt because of how many words I was writing per character and my own busy life, so this chapter is going to be shorter, I hope that's okay!

WARNING: Some swearing (Mondo and Fuyuhiko), and spoilers for Byakuya (DR2:GD)!

Makoto Naegi

You and Makoto had planned a movie night! You sat next to him, resting your head on his shoulder and rubbing his hand with your thumb as you quietly enjoyed his company. You focused more on him rather than the actual movie and watched him as he stared at the screen. You exhaled contently, happy to be spending this time with him as you looked up at him. "I love you, Makoto," You whispered. He tore his gaze from the screen and looked at you. His eyes were wide and bright, and his face started to turn pink. "I love you too, darling," he sighed and softly kissed your lips, pulling away from you with the happiest look on his face.

Kiyotaka "Taka" Ishimaru

Taka had come over to help you study. He was always willing to help you, and you were grateful for his time. He was always so patient with you, and you wanted him to know how much you appreciate him. "I love you, Taka!" "Thanks, so after that, you're supposed to- wait, what?!" He didn't register your words until a few moments after. "I said 'I love you', silly!" He's in utter shock. His eyes started to fill with tears, his emotions completely moved by your words. "I l-love you too...!" he forces through his tears, and you hold him with hopes of calming him down. "I love you, I love you..." he mutters into your shoulder, hugging you tightly.

Byakuya Togami

Byakuya has never been one for loving words and sweet praises, so all of the honeyed affection in the relationship came from you. He tended to brush you off or ignore your sweet-talking, but that never stopped you from fawning over him. "Hey, Byakuya!" "Yes, (Y/n)?" he responded, not bothering to look up at you. "I love you~!", you cooed. He tried to act as though he hadn't heard you, but you noticed the way his leg twitched and his concentration broke from whatever he was doing to glance up at you for just a split second. "I'm sure you do, (Y/n)," he answered, hesitating for a moment before quietly adding on to his previous statement. "I love you too."

Mondo Owada

You laid on top of Mondo and rested your head on his chest, studying his heartbeat and the movement of his chest as you cuddled him. He ranted and rambled on about how some idiot had caused his gang some trouble. You loved just watching him and seeing how open he was with you, having even less of a filter and completely letting his guard down around you. You picked your head off his chest and pecked his cheek, muttering an "I love you, Mondo'' before resting your head in the crook of his neck. He stopped his story dead in its tracks and bolted into an upright position, forcing you up with him as he grabbed you tightly by the shoulders. "Are you fucking serious?" you nodded, and worry began to build in your stomach as you wondered if you said the wrong thing. "I love you too. Fuck, I love you so much!" he shouted as he eagerly kissed you and held you tightly.

Leon Kuwata

Leon wasn't expecting it. He didn't doubt that you cared about him, but he didn't think you would say it so casually. You were working on your laptop when Leon brought you a snack. He set it beside you and started walking away. You glanced over to the snack, then to him, and stared at your screen again, humming a "Thank you, Leon. Love you." after him. He stopped walking and whipped his head around, smiling from ear to ear. He was back at your side, hugging you and pinching your cheek as he kissed your temple and teased you. "Awww, my baby loves me!" You pushed his hand away and pecked his cheek. "Of course I love you, you dummy!" you countered, and he scooped you up into his arms and peppered kisses onto your face. "Good, because I love you too~"