new year, same us

{Taya's POV}

Day after day went by, and the month of December felt like it was never ending. However, the last day of the month, today, was always the best. It was New Year's eve! That meant that Noah was coming back today, and i couldn't wait. I was having a party at my house since my parents were going to a different New Year's party round one of their friends, and probably wouldn't be back till like 4am, so that was awesome. Jacob, Elle, Millie, and Bryce were coming over in a little while to help set up the place too.

I got up out of bed and picked out a very basic outfit to go decoration shopping in, because i'd change later anyways. I decided to check my phone and ask where my friends were, when i read a text that made my heart drop all the way to my stomach.

Jupiter❤️:
hey
my plane got delayed so i'm not cmg until the 1st
:(

NO WAY. No no no no no no! Please tell me he was kidding, please. I spammed him with a bunch of messages asking why it was delayed, but they didn't even deliver! ALL I GOT AS AN EXPLANATION WAS A BLOODY SAD FACE. I tried calling him, but he wouldn't pick up. I then looked at the time he had sent it, and it was at 12:00am here. I had set up the London time on my phone so that i didn't accidentally Facetime him one day at like 3:00am, so i checked the time there. It was 8:00am. Noah never wakes up before 10:00, why was he up? Was he serious though? I'd been waiting for this day for weeks. And why wasn't he answering his phone? Had i done something wrong? I would've thought he had at least missed me enough to elaborate on the situation. I guess not...

I missed him to an extent i didn't even know was humanly possible, and now i had to wait another 24 hours to see him. I couldn't even believe it for a while. I wasn't sure if i was more angry or disappointed. All i wanted was to see him today, kiss him at 12, not have to talk to him over a screen, just simply be in his presence. Was that too much to ask?

My scattered thoughts were interrupted by the door bell. Geez, for a second there i forgot they were coming over. I went downstairs and opened the door to be greeted by 4 smiling faces.

"Hi!" they all greeted me.

I reciprocated the gesture and let them in.

"None of us had a ride except Jake here. Y'know in case you were wondering why were all here together and actually on time." Bryce explained, laughing.

I gave him an dry chuckle since my mind was way too occupied to even fathom what he had said. You know when you laugh, but not really? Like when you breath heavily from your nose. It's basically what you do when you type the words 'lol' to a really not that funny post.

"Taya, are you okay?" Millie asked concerned.

"Hm? Oh, well it depends on what your definition of 'okay' is." i muttered.

"What's up?" Elle questioned, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Noah's not coming today." i barely made out.

"WHAT?!" they all exclaimed in unison.

"Yeah..." i mumbled.

"You're kidding." Mills sighed while i shook my head.

"Why not?" Bryce asked, looking upset too.

They all must've been pretty bummed out too.

"His plane got delayed, but he didn't even tell me why." i shrugged, and showed them the message.