Chapter 5

"I Pick... You." I say firmly while still in his embrace. he smiles and I can see a look of excitement. he holds me so close I can feel and hear his heartbeat. It's relaxing, I feel safe and I never want this to end. we sit there for 2 hours. I think how am I going to break up with Kyle?! How will he react. What the hell have I gotten myself into?! He walks me home.

The next day

"Hey babe!" Kyle says flirtatiously
"Hey..." I trail off
"What's wrong?"
"It's just- ok so I got this letter from gage saying I had to pick between you and him and so I picked." I said as fast as I could.
"Alright so who did you pick?" He said worried
"I-i-I picked gage." I felt so guilty, I was ashamed.
"Why? What did I do wrong? Please baby don't leave me I love you too much." he pleads
I try to walk away as tears roll down my face drowning myself. he grabs my arm really tight, tight enough so I can't get out of his grip.
"Please." he says I try to shake him off. Gage walks up and gives a puzzled look. he figures out what's going on and says.
"Dude stop let her go, she picked me." he then walks away, without me! I relax my arm and think, ok so he doesn't have the guts to help me. I think maybe I should stay with Kyle. I hug Kyle. he looks relieved. I pick him.
"I pick you." I say. he looks at me and kisses my forehead. now I have to break it to gage, ugh not again...

Later that same day

"Hey gage." I say nervously
"Hey." he says bored
"I pick Kyle." I say strongly. He stands there astonished. I walk away.

AFTER SCHOOL

I play on my apple computer and My phone vibrates I get a text from Kyle. it says meet me at your door. I run down stairs and open the door to see Kyle. he's holding about a dozen roses and a box of chocolates.
"Is it valentines?. I say giggling
"No it's because I realized how important you are to me and I don't want to lose you." he says sweetly
"Awwwww but you didn't have to do this for me."
"But I did." he says. I jump into his arms as he drops the stuff. I kiss him passionately
"That's all I want and need." I say. he laughs and kisses me more. he sets me down and says how about dinner?
"I'd love that." I say
"Let's go." Kyle says. he grabs my hand and wires his fingers in mine. we get to the restaurant and go inside. it was a 2 hour wait so we decided to go to the movies. we arrive and go see Safe Haven. we sit down and this movie theater had beds! It was so cool so we pick one and I lay down. Kyle lays beside me with his arm around me, holding me close. the movie starts and the lights get dim. the movie ends. suddenly Kyle grabs my hand and leads me outside.
"we have one more stop." he says. we arrive at the mystery place. we are at a park. he lifts me up on to the steps of the play thing. he looks up at me.
"Kelsey I just wanted to tell you this one thing. I love you, you have my heart, so don't break it please. your amazing and losing you would be like losing myself." he says longingly. a tear of happiness strolls down my face. he picks me up and spins me round and round as I laugh with joy. he sets me down and kisses me.
"I Love You Too." I say into his chest. we hold eachother for about 5 mins. he drives me home. I go into my room and watch him drive away.

1 year later

"We are graduates! Finally we are 19!" I say to Kyle and my friends even tho Kyle is already 20.
"Yes we are." they all say. Kyle walks up to the stage. And says....