Chapter 3

I stare straight at my ex Tyler as he's grinning a girl walks up to me. She turns me around and slaps me! I punch her in response of her slapping me.
"What the hell!" I scream
"That's for your new boyfriend hurting Tyler!"
"Kyle? He's not my boyfriend!"
She just stares at me with a little shock on her face. I see Kyle standing there watching like he was about to hurt that girl or something. My leg turn to jello suddenly and I fall to the ground holding the spot where she hit me. Gage and Kyle both walk up to me and hold their hand out. Gage turns to look at Kyle.
"Um you can go I got it." Gage says.
"Or you could."
"Excuse me I'm her best friend I got it!"
"Well I don't think you do." Kyle says in a raspy voice.
Gage punches Kyle out of no where and busts Kyle's lip open. Kyle touches his lip and sees blood and gives Gage the evil eye. Gage picks me up and walks me to my class. I look back to see Kyle getting up and walking to his class.

Finally it's lunch. I get my food and sit down. Kyle comes over and sits next to me.
"Hey so about this morning..." Kyle says.
"It's fine lets just not talk about it and forget about it." I interrupt
"Ok. Hey um so what are you doing today?" He says while puffing his chest.
"Nothing actually."
"Oh then we should hang out how's a movie at 7:15?"
"Sounds good to me." I say. He nods the rest of lunch we just sit there talking laughing and having a great time. I start to think about my crush on Gage I've had the crush since I was like 8 but we never passed friends. But whenever I'm with Gage I feel like my heart beats 5x faster. But when I'm with Kyle i get butterflies I feel like I'm the only girl in the world and safe. They both give me two different feelings but I don't know what one is right and what one is wrong
"r̾i̾n̾g̾ r̾i̾n̾g̾ r̾i̾n̾g̾." The bell rings for 5th period. I snap out of my thoughts and gather my things and walk out.

6:45

I get ready in a really pretty outfit and think to myself, what if he's the one. I mean it is seiner year. I put my make up on and look in the mirror to make sure I look to perfection.

7:15

"Knock knock."
"Oh hey." I run my fingers through my perfectly messy hair.
"You look beautiful, actually no that's an understatement you look stunning." he says in a strong voice. I giggle almost in a flirtatious way.
"Thank you, you look great too!" I giggle.
"Well how bout that movie?"
"Yes that sounds great Kyle!"
We leave to go to the movie.

It finishes and I find my head on his shoulder and his arm around me. It felt amazing I was so comfortable, and I felt so safe in his arms. He looked at me and said...