Tsuki: Japanese for Moon

"You and Itachi are so ahead of me," Shinko said as we caught up one day at Ichiraku's.

"Shinko, being a Chunin doesn't mean anything. I still have no idea what I'm going to do with my life."

She put her head in her hands. "Oh, Mira. Everything comes easy to you."

"You know that's not true," I said, slurping my noodles. "But whatever you say."

We ate quietly after. 

"I don't think being a ninja is for me," she said suddenly.

"Sometimes I think the same," I said, and her eyes widened.

"Really?"

"Mmhm. Most days I just want to garden and do yoga- If you're gonna laugh, I'm leaving."

I was being serious, and frankly, a little vulnerable, but Shinko burst out laughing. 

Sigh. 

This is why I don't talk to people. 

I paid for my ramen and stood. 

"I was busy anyways. Good luck with your life not being a ninja," I said.

"Wait! I-I'm not busy," she said, and I stopped walking. "I could go with you, if that's okay?"

I considered this. I knew I would regret it, but like I said before, I needed a girl friend. I nodded, and she walked happily with me. 

"What do you need to do, anyways?" 

"I have to go visit Nekobaa. Not for any real reason, I just want to see if she has any new equipment in stock. She supplies the weapons for the Uchiha clan," I explained. 

"So you want to be a weapons specialist?" she asked.

"No, I'm just interested in the swords she has. Maybe you'll find something you like too-"

"Mira!" 

Shinko and I both turned, but didn't see anyone. Or at least, not at first.

"Sasuke," I smiled. I looked down, and he was hugging me, but since he was so small, it was just him hugging my legs. I ruffled his hair, and he glared at me.

"Who's letting you walk around by yourself?"

"I am allowed to walk by myself!" he shouted, and I wondered if there would come a time where angry toddlers wouldn't be funny to me. 

"Of course, my mistake," I said. I looked around, and saw Itachi standing a little further away.

"Itachi!" I called out, "You can stop hiding. I know you're there."

Shinko looked like she was about to pass out.

"This is- that was Itachi's brother?!"

It had been a while since we've seen Shinko. Our team sort of disbanded when Itachi and I became Chunin. I guess it had gotten more to Shinko than I thought, if she was giving up being a ninja altogether.

Itachi walked over, and although his face remained neutral, I know he'd rather be anywhere else. Shinko's crush was beyond obvious.

You could always count on younger siblings to blow your cover. 

"Where are you headed?" I asked Itachi.

"To Nekobaa's," he said, and I looked at him. 

Why did his family want more weapons? Tensions were higher than usual between the Uchiha's and the village, but neither of us elaborated.