Crossroads & Ramen

The first night on my own was...alright.

I couldn't get Itachi and Shisui out of my head. 

Shisui...I still couldn't process that he'd never laugh at another one of my jokes, or go on a snack run with me again.

We could have been really happy together.

I hoped I could be happy again one day. I had to keep in mind that Itachi was just a letter away- no matter how far away he felt. He cared about the village just as much as Shisui, but I hoped he would be smarter about his decisions.

I thought about my mother too. At this rate, she'd drink herself into her grave sooner or later- and my grandparents were right there with her. I couldn't even pretend to be upset about leaving them. They'd probably just think I was going on a long mission-

Crap. I forgot I told Itachi to tell everyone what I'd done. 

Yeah, there was no way I'd be going back to the village. 

If we told everyone the truth about Danzo and Shisui's suicide, they'd see it as ammunition for the coup. If not for Shisui's last words, and the love I have for him, I'd want to tear the village apart for what they did to my love. 

They'd pay for it some day. I was sure of it.

I checked on Tsuki, who's head and paws were poking out of my bag, but she was asleep. I had had my Sharingan activated since I first went into the forest, but no one was around. 

On any other night, the silence would have been eerie, but with everything that was happening, I felt comforted by the quietness. Sometimes on missions, it gets really quiet before an ambush, but I couldn't help feeling like I was completely safe. I wondered if Shisui was watching over me...

I didn't want a day to come where I'd forget his face or voice-

No. I needed to stop thinking about this.

Just keep running...

-

I don't know exactly how many days I was on my own, but I'd guess it was a little less than a week. 

The days blended into each other. I fed myself and Tsuki, tried to stay as clean as possible, and napped. 

It was odd that I didn't see any ninja around, and I wondered if I was even going the right direction- which there wasn't. I had no idea what I was going to do. My entire family had been in Konoha since it had been founded, and I had no where to go. 

I wasn't being too hard on myself, though. I kept in mind that Itachi was close, and Shisui was watching over me, and felt a little less lonely.

And then, I felt like I'd struck gold.

There were bridges around! Real bridges, with people walking on them!

I could have cried. I finally arrived in a village.

Before I forgot, I took my ninja headband off, and slashed the metal plaque. I was no longer loyal to the leaf- and whoever was here would know that.

The people looked...I mean, I looked at people from different villages weird too. I didn't blame them for thinking I was untrustworthy. 

It was starting to get dark, and the village seemed to have a fog around it that made the headbands hard to read-

It was here that I was reminded that no matter how smart I thought I was; I wasn't.

I was in the Hidden Mist village. I was almost embarrassed at how long it took me to realize it. That explained why I just walked in without being asked anything, and why no one was coming here. Yagura was still ruling, and that meant...