- 14 -

After I got the text on Saturday, I didn't really know how to react. I thought maybe the text for meant for someone else since I didn't understand it. Nothing else happened on Saturday out of the ordinary.

Sunday came and everyone went home to get ready for school the next day, which was boring. Peter would ask me if I've gotten anymore text every so often and the answer was always no.

So here we are Monday morning, bright and early. Please kill me now. I got up and started the day how I usually did. Caroline was gonna come and pick me up earlier this morning so I had to get ready faster. She asked me to help her with the t-shirt design for football.

Originally, it was all of student council that had to work on the shirts, but Caroline said she was willing to put extra time in to help which was more time than she thought. She asked me to help out, and with nothing better to do, I said yes.

This Friday was the first football game which was always so much fun. We would show up to school and everyone's moods would be hundred times better. Same would go to Brandon and Peter.

They would be nervous wrecks right before the game, but before that they were happier than ever before.

Time flew by, and Caroline was in the drive way, honking her horn, waiting for me to come outside. I quickly ran down the stairs, greeting mom, and running out the door. "Hey G" Caroline says as she sees me walking towards the car. "You ready for another week of hell?"

"No, but let's go anyways." I said sliding into the car.

"That's the spirit." She said looking over at me with a smile, "Oh and seatbelt."

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

We pull into the parking lot to see Peter, Brandon, and Lia all standing by their cars, talking. We wouldn't have much time to talk to them before we had to make our way to the cafeteria. We park and hop out of the car. "Hey guys." I said making my way over to them.

"Hey." They all said in unison.

"Hey," Peter says, "Did you get anything else weird yesterday?"

"Nope just the one." I threw my bag over my shoulder and start to walk along with Caroline, "It was probably just for the wrong person. No big deal. I'll see you guys later."

"Yeah see ya, Gweny." He said waving.

I turn and started walking with Caroline. We see groups of students standing around talking with their friends as she walk into the building. Cheer was having practice in the gym, but we cut through anyways. Which gained us a death glare from multiple of the girls. "EXCUSE YOU?" One of them yelled at us.

"Sorry about that." I said not meaning one bit of it.

We get to the cafeteria where we are met with Mrs. Hansen who was the teacher that helped student council. "Miss Langston, you aren't a part of student council." She said looking at me confused.

"You're right but I'm an extra pair of hands willing to help." I said holding my hands up with a smile. She shook her head, but didn't kick me out.

"Alright then."

We spent about 20 minutes working with Mrs. Hanson. We came up with a couple different designs we liked. We printed them and we're on our way.

I go to my first hour at the same time as Mrs. Hansen so we were kinda late. When we walked in, I went to sit in my seat. I look over and see that Dylan wasn't there. As much as he said he was going to be here today, I was a little surprised he wasn't.

I shrugged it off and continued with my day. I got through the rest of Calculus, Biology, and PE without seeing Dylan once. When I got to lunch however, I saw him sitting at Kyle and Chris's table. Me, Caroline, and Lia walked over to the boys and asked what that was about.

"Apparently over the weekend they became good buds." Brandon said.

"That doesn't make any sense though," I said a little confused. "He was talking shit about Kyle the other night and didn't he practically try and steal Julia from Chris?"

"Dude's bipolar." Peter said shrugging his shoulders.

"Hey, Gwen?" Lia asked tightly closing her eyes like she was concentrating on her thought. "You said Dylan was talking shit about Kyle the other night, what did you mean?" Damnit truths out.

I sighed well looking over the group. I see Peter looking at me with the knowing eyes, not saying anything. "Okay don't be mad at me, please?" I said, mostly looking over at Lia.

"Okay?" She questions, leading me to keep talking.

"Well the night after the party I kind of snuck out and hung out with Dylan. But he was drunk and it got awkward fast." I said looking for any sign of a bad reaction.

"Well I'm just glad you are okay." She said while confused the shit out of me.

"Wait wait wait-" Brandon started, "While we were drunk passed out on your bed, you went and hung out with that chode?"

I laughed at his insult, but felt bad about what I had did. "Yeah and I'm sorry I really shouldn't have done it."

"It's fine I wouldn't have noticed a difference anyways." He said shrugging.

I looked over at the table and saw Dylan looking over in our direction. He waved at us which made Kyle look over. I didn't want to look at him or have him look at me, so I turned my head back around. "We fought the dude not even three days ago and that assholes hanging out with him." Brandon scoffed.

"So much for wanting to be our friend." Caroline said.

After a while, the bell ring. Brandon and I made our way to Study Hall while Peter walked along with us to his next class. We parted ways with him and walked into our classroom.

As I sat down and started to work on my homework, I felt my phone buzz in my pocket and grabbed in quickly. My heart dropped a little, thinking it was the unknown number for a second. When I looked down It was from Caroline.

Caroline - Omg I wanna cry Lit is busy today.

I groaned because I had the class coming up soon. I quickly texted her back.

Me - Yuck thanks for the heads up

I went to put my phone in my pocket when I felt it buzz once again.

Unknown - Miss me?