TWO | Rumors

The dense smell of gun smoke was heavily strong in the semi dark room. Large wooden crates were everywhere in the big, open space of the warehouse. Straws of hay littered the floor, with specks of the familiar rusty brown color of dried blood. Even with only less than seven dull lights illuminating the area, the silhouettes of people were still visible.

In the center stood Dionte dressed in an all-black outfit. His black long-sleeved shirt was tightening, clasping onto his well-defined biceps. Unlike his previous presence with his friends, Dionte's gray eyes were stone cold. At this moment, it seemed as if his gray eyes turned steel.

The revolver in his hands was casually being played with by him. It spun, twirled, and leaped as if it was not a weapon but a toy.

"Tell me," Dionte said with a hidden icy smile. His dark stare seeped from one to the other end of the area. "What the hell happened?"

One of the men that was surrounding him raised his fisted right arm against his chest and bowed his head.

He resolutely said, "The perpetrators infiltrated the warehouse during the clean up with an ambush. Some snakes were even hidden in the shadows of the ceilings. Luckily, the leader filtered them out and targeted them with the Shadow Phantoms. Don't worry, Dionte, all the snakes have been dealt with."

Dionte's eyes immediately grew colder when the man finished his brief report. The man tensed nervously but didn't dare move a step. The atmosphere between them was suffocating, and the man couldn't help but admire the young heir. Dionte's pressure was getting stronger. He undeniably shared the same flesh and blood as his father. The father and son have the same aura.

"All of the snakes were killed? Leon, you need to go back into observational training."

Leon, the person who first spoke earlier, was puzzled by the sudden order, but he didn't show his emotions out in the open, merely keeping to himself and acknowledging the young heir's words. Another man a few feet away from him, Christo, answered his unspoken question.

"One of the snakes managed to escape by using the others as a distraction. He knew we were all preoccupied, so he left as quickly as he could. The Shadow Phantoms could have killed him if the coward didn't use a smoke bomb at the last minute." Christo spatted his disgust on the escaped infiltrator, with his eyebrows furrowed in angrily.

Dionte eyed Christo blankly, but he nodded slightly in agreement. His words were correct. One snake did manage to slither his way out of combat. If his father heard of this, he would throw a long lecture on how Dionte should have immediately tracked and hunted down the escapee. Although it was tempting, Dionte didn't want to go after a runaway.

That same coward didn't realize he sprinted right into the trap.

Dionte would never admit to anyone that chasing after the coward was a waste of energy for him. A certain someone would never let go of this if she was to find out the truth, and because of that, he didn't want to deal with her constant and blatant mocking.

At the same time Dionte was thinking of giving orders, his phone in the pocket of his black jeans vibrated. Although the sound was muted, it still continued to break down the anxious atmosphere a little. Someone texted him. He took out his phone and read the notification. It was a message from Lilac.

Dion~

After unlocking his Lock Screen, he pressed the message app and read the full message. Dionte pressed his lips into a thin line as he read.

I got an early birthday gift for you~ Eight termites were captured. I sent them tied up to the washer. Their weapons are still fully loaded, so they're freebies for you! I scratched my name onto one of them. Make sure to customize it for yours truly.