FIVE | Bonventres

A trickle of thunder was electrifyingly palpable when Vincent gleefully saw a certain black-haired teenager glaring at the much older and much mature man that opened the door for Ciara. Although Nolan said nothing, his dark eyes were conveying so many emotions that it was hard for everyone not to notice. The obvious only increased as the man walked with Ciara to the group.

Lilac hid her snicker behind her hands, trying to be as quiet as a mouse. Quince struggled along with her while everyone else curiously and interestingly watched the silent showdown. Millicent even had a smirk on her face as she raised an eyebrow at Nolan provokingly. The latter ignored her, of course, to which she didn't care.

The group was silent as Ciara and the mysterious man strolled closer and closer to them. The young man, with a pure-looking face that accentuated his Asian features, smiled carelessly. He nodded to everyone before turning specifically to the girl beside him. Even though Ciara knew the man was secretly triumphing from getting on Nolan's nerves, she couldn't help but sighed at the childishness.

Boys.  She thought exasperatedly as she rolled her eyes.

"C," Ashlynn broke the stiffening silence that hovered between them. "It's been a while. We're glad you're back home."

Ciara nodded. "Me too."

Ashlynn walked to Ciara and embraced her tightly. Ciara returned the hug, softly placing her chin on Ashlynn's shoulder like a baby bird relying on her mother for warmth. Ashlynn withdrew her smile as she looked up. Her light green eyes scanned the man, who playfully winked back at her.

"Who's the man?" Ashlynn decisively became the one who asked the most obvious question that everyone longed for. She pulled back from the hug and stood a step in front of Ciara protectively, as if to protect her from the man. "He seems familiar, but I can't place a name on his face. I apologize, sir."

"That's alright, Ms. Crimson," Mo Bolin replied with a magnanimous smile. "I'm Mo Bolin. It is also nice to meet you all." He nodded to everyone as he addressed them. "Mr. Irvine. Mr. Ripley. Ms. Dayholt. Mr. Huntington. Mr. Ambrosino. Ms. Ebony. Mr. Sullivan. Ms. Alcott. Mr. Berkshire."

Before Ashlynn could reply back to him, a hand on her shoulder suddenly distracted her. She turned around to see the hand belonging to Oakley, not noticing the small teasing smile from Ciara. Despite throwing him a quizzical look, Ashlynn quietly allowed him to gently pull both her and Ciara a little closer to their group. Oakley kept his hand on Ashlynn's shoulder and faced the man with a false smile.

The man mused the threatening aura he received and glanced around before nonchalantly saying, "I would have liked to meet Ms. Donahue, Mr. Volt, and Ms. Emerson too if they were here."

Millicent's smirk gradually shifted into a smile. "Esther is stuck in traffic, and the others will be arriving back in town tomorrow. You might see them formally at the banquet in two days. I remembered the Chengs sent an invitation to the Shaos and Blossomville Resort."

"Yes, I will be attending the banquet." Mo Bolin responded. He glanced at his watch. "I'm afraid I can't stay long. Ms. Cheng," he looked straight into the addressed person's dark eyes, "Mr. Shao wanted me to tell you that it was a pleasure and that he would be contacting you soon."

With a last wave of goodbye, Mo Bolin left the area and drove away with everybody's eyes stuck on him. Juno crossed his arms and leaned further against his car. He eyed the person beside him and deliberately hummed, "Hmm..."

Nolan ignored him and continued to stare darkly at a certain person.

Juno exchanged amused glances with Vincent. The latter secretly pointed at Nolan and mouthed, "he's jealous," to which Juno nodded with a teasing smirk.