THREE | Tailgating

It was no surprise when Waverly saw the large crowd of fans flocking the airport lobby area as if they were birds surrounding a feeder. The sight of fans covering almost every square area of the airport was a normal occurrence. After all, Lilac's fanbase was huge, and was very loyal to Lilac.

"Shit," Dionte muttered underneath his breath, his eyes glowering from side to side as he stood beside Waverly in a fidgety manner. With his complaints, his right leg would not stop stomping. "Why the fuck did I agree to do this again? And why the fuck did I actually get the little lunatic her favorite snacks?"

Waverly kept her cheerful smile as she listened to Dionte's grumblings and quietly searched for any signs of Lilac or her staff. It was just her and Dionte who decided to come to pick up Lilac from the airport. Everyone else was rather occupied with something.

Ashlynn had her Student Council duties, Vincent had a club meeting, Quince was preparing for something he won't reveal, Esther was gathering intel on some newbies, Millicent was going to break up with her boyfriend, Juno was called in by his older sister for a project, Nolan was meeting with his secretary about work, and Oakley had to catch up on his schoolwork. Therefore, only Dionte was able to accompany Waverly.

And Lilac expected it since she had no doubt Dionte would prepare her snacks.

In all truth and honesty, Waverly also expected Dionte to help. Even though the green-haired teen boldly likes to complain and curse his straightforward comments, he still continues on and endures. Privately—and she knew he would never admit this even in a life or death situation—Waverly thought Dionte has a soft side for Lilac in his heart.

"Alright, Dion," Waverly interrupted Dionte's passionate mumbling and fought against the urge of bursting into laughter, "I think I see a certain purple-head jumping several feet away from us."

She gestured with her hands.

Dionte abruptly stopped and his eyes immediately narrowed forward into the group of people. He focused intently until he saw that familiar purple hair. Sure enough, good, little lunatic Lilac was jumping in the air as if the color of her hair was not striking enough. With a jubilant grin, Lilac waved her arms like the inflatable tube guy—the very same ones one would see at auto sales.

The fans would have launched ear-piercing screams if it weren't for the security guards giving them a heavy reminder that they were in an airport. The crowd followed Lilac and her staff intensely, moving step by step with them. Waverly's mind immediately thought of moths flying to a flame.

"Come on, we need to get out first before traffic shows up," Waverly stated. She quickly pulled Dionte's arm before letting go and speedily walking out of the airport. Dionte was right behind her.

With an enlightened goal in their minds, Waverly and Dionte made a rapid trail outside to a parked black car. Waverly unlocked the car with the keys before seating herself in the backseat. Dionte followed and resumed his impatient waiting. A few minutes later, Lilac, her manager, her two assistants, her guards, and her fans showed up.

Lilac excitedly waved her goodbyes to her fans and promptly entered the car, sitting between Waverly and Dionte. Her two assistants, Kevin and Molly, sat across from them and against the driver and passenger's seats. Felix, Lilac's manager, became their driver, leaving the passenger's side empty. With the help of security, the group managed to leave the airport parking safely and easily.

Once in the car, Lilac stretched her arms, almost hitting her friends right in their faces. She turned to Dionte with her right hand out. "My snacks?" She questioned with a bright glint in her blue eyes.

Dionte's mouth twitched a bit before he motioned with his leg. Lilac glanced at his action and noticed a paper bag from her favorite fast-food restaurant. She squealed enthusiastically and lunged to snatch the bag before anybody else.