•8•

(Zion's pov)

It's eleven o'clock in the morning. I just woke up, but Danny is still sleeping. I've been laying here just watching her sleep for the past like ten minutes now.

It's taking a lot out of me to not go and kill her dad right this second, but I promised her that I wouldn't go over there. That's not what she wants and I know she will be terrified if something were to happen to me. I can't do that to her. She's already has had enough shit happen to her.

Very slowly I take my fingers and I brush them on all the bruises and cuts she has on her face. There is tons of them. He really got her good yesterday. I really wish I could get rid of that man. She doesn't deserve any of this.

She starts to move her body a bit and then slowly opens up her eyes. "Good morning," I say softly.

"Good morning," she looks up at me with her eyes squinted.

"You hurt, don't you?" I ask.

"Yea," she says quietly.

"I'll be back," I say.

I get out of bed and I walk to bathroom that is down the hallway. I grab out the ibuprofen and then I grab a wash cloth. I put hot water on it and I ring it out, so it's not dripping.

Then I walk downstairs to grab her a glass of water. I open up the fridge and I start to get the water.

"Morning," I turn around to see Nick.

"Good morning," I say back. "Renee here?" Renee is his girlfriend. They have been together for a few years now.

"No," he says. "We aren't really on the best of terms at the moment."

"Oh, I'm sorry," I shut the fridge. "What happened?"

"Just always fighting over the stupidest shit," he says. "I'm supposed to meet up with her tonight. She said we need to talk."

"Did she say what about?"

"No," he says. "But I already know she's going to break up with me. It's whatever though. I'm used to this."

"Man, I'm so sorry," I say. "I really thought you guys would be end game."

"I think we all did," he says. "I guess everything good does come to an end."

"Yea," I sigh. "Well hopefully she wants to work things out and not break it off."

"I hope so," he says.

"Well I gotta go give this to Danny," I say.

"How is she doing?" He asks.

"She's hurting," I say.

"Did it happen again last night?"

"Yea," I say. I look down at the ground. "I tired to go beat her dad up, but that's what she was stopping me from."

"Makes sense," he says, "She wants you safe."

I look back up at him, "Yea, I know."

"Well you better go," he says. "Don't keep her waiting any longer."

"Thanks, man," I say. "Again, I'm sorry about you and Renee."

"Thanks, brother."

I smile lightly and I make my way to the stairs. I go upstairs and to my room. Danny is still laying in the same place.

"Love?"

She rolls over a bit, but keeps her eyes completely closed, "Yea?"

"I got you some stuff," I say.