🍋Lemon Demon🍋 // Warning!!: Guts and some angst//

This was originally a small story I had wrote on a Discord, but making this fanfic, I can share it here!
Y'all already saw the warning above, so let's get on with it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"That doesn't even make sense, dude."

Keith pulled his sagging shark hoodie over his neon-colored hair as the wind picked up for a brief moment. 

The sound of leaves crunching beneath his feet joined the symphony of the quiet, evening city, a playlist he was long used to hearing. The setting orange blaze of the sun illuminated his facial features as he whipped his head towards Pico, a puzzled look etched onto his face. 

"Bro, you gotta trust me. I swear I saw some demon in that abandoned house down in the forest." 

Pico said pleadingly, earning a disapproving look from his best friend. Pico decided to drop the topic of conversation, sighing as looked over the glistening sea below the edge of the grassy hill they treaded on. 

Storm clouds were looming over the phone background-worthy sunset, probably a sign it was going to rain later. 

"Storm's-a-coming." He said to himself, making Keith look up, furrowing his brows in fear. 

"Ugh. Another one?! hope there isn't any lightning.." 

"Relax Keith, there hasn't been any thunder, what makes you think the clouds are gonna start now?" 

Keith looked away hesitantly, tugging on his hoodie strings. 

"And besides-" 

Pico gave Keith a rough pat on the back, causing him to trip. He caught himself before he could fall any further, then gave Pico a dirty glare as the ginger smirked playfully. 

"I wouldn't expect Sharkboy to be afraid of a little white in the sky." 

Keith's cheeks turned an obscure shade of pink, making him pull down his toothy shark hoodie, ruffling up his already messy hair. 

 "Shut up, Lavagirl.." Keith muttered. 

"I'm sorry- what's that? I don't speak wimp." Pico chuckled. 

 Keith pulled on Pico's hoodie, making him gag. Pico pulled away, laughing loudly as he picked up his pace, now being chased by an angry Keith. Keith yelled out to him as the sky darkened, the sun and moon changing shifts. 

The city lights and stars shone over the two boys as they dashed deep into the forestry, Pico howling with laughter while Keith shouted profanities after him...

~~

Mary's hair swayed side-to-side as the tunes from her headphones filled her ears, and then her thoughts. To pass the time, she had plugged up some wired headphones to the giant speaker she sat on, and didn't even notice the boys run in until her song ended. She turned her head to see Keith slugging Pico in his shoulder, while Pico was wheezing for air and from laughter, somehow at the same time-

Basically the normal.

Unplugging her headphones from her ears, she hopped off the speaker to greet the two.