😎👌Hanging with my boys😎👌

"My little Mariweather! It's time to wake up!~"

Mary lifted her head off of her comfy pillow, her wild, messy hair obscuring her view. She pushed some of her burgundy brown hair out of her eyes, exposing her pupils to the bright sun shining through the window.

She looked at her alarm clock. It was 8:00 am. Way too early by her book.

"Mooooooooooooooom, let me sleeeeeeeeeeeep..."

"Alright, alright..

I guess I have to tell your friends to leave then-"

Mary lifted herself up, now sitting criss-crossed on the bed.

"You-

You're lying. Keith and Pico aren't out there.."

"You sure about that?" Keith and Pico said at the same time.

"Wait- THEY'RE ACTUALLY HERE!?

MOM!? WHY DIDN'T YOU WAKE ME UP!?!?"

"Well I'm sorry sweetheart. You looked so peaceful." Mrs. Dearest said in her sweetest sarcastic tone, earning laughter from the boys.

Mary felt her face go red as she scrambled out of her bed to get ready for the day. She hurriedly dashed out of her room and into the bathroom, clothes and towel in hand. Mrs. Dearest heard the bathroom door close shut, then turned back to the boys with a smile.

"Don't worry, she'll be out soon."

~~

Minutes later, Mary rushed out to the table, muttering apologies to Keith and Pico. She was wearing a red shirt with a cheery logo, white denim shorts, red striped arm socks and ankle ones to match, and a pair of silver treble earrings.

"Sorry, sorry, I'm so sorry.."

Mary sighed quietly as she shoved a piece of toast with strawberry jam on it into her mouth. Pico was munching on some cereal from a box he found in his pocket, while Keith was eating some buttered toast that Mrs. Dearest had offered him. Mary sat down with her friends at the table, feeling her mom's ominous presence now over her. Nevertheless, she started talking to them.

"So, what made you guys want to come over so early, huh?"

Keith was talking with his mouth full, so little bits of bread flew out of his mouth as he spoke. "Well, we were gonna go to a concert today, and we wanted to see if you wanted to go with us!"

Mary could feel her mom cringing behind her. She knew she hated it whenever she went to hang out with her friends because they were boys. Sad, but true. 

"Sorry, I don't think I can make it.."

On the table, there was a notepad with a small pen. She wrote something on it, then passed it to Keith. Keith read the note, then looked up at Mary, who gave her a sly smile. Both of them winked at each other as Keith pretended to be disappointed.

"Aw man..well Pico, looks like Mary can't make it..."

"What? But you sai-"