(┬┬﹏┬┬)Never the same..(┬┬﹏┬┬)

And just like that, we're at the next part!

I don't have much to say, so let's get on with this!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Black.

That was all Keith saw.

He couldn't see anything but black.

He could hear something though.

It sounded like a voice.

Something deep and raspy, yet with a touch of a soft and pleasing tone.

He liked this voice. He wished he could hear it better.

And as if someone had heard his prayers, his ears seemed to clear up, making the voice much easier to hear, and another voice too. It sounded sweet and soft, kind of like how a rose would feel.

Were they having a conversation?

Keith silenced his thoughts for a moment, listening in on the two disembodied voices.

"Pico, that is way too dangerous! You saw what that thing did to Keith!"

"I know! That's why I'm doing this! Are you just gonna let that mothe-"

"Pico, language! We're in a hospital!"

"Sorry, sorry. Are you just gonna let that lemon thing get away with what he did to Keith? We know what his weakness is now- we can go take him!"

"I still think this is a bad idea. What if he hurts you!? What if-.."

The voice trailed off, leaving wherever they were in silence.

Where was Keith anyway.

Grunting quietly, Keith was gaining the strength to open his eyes. He heard the rosy voice gasp.

"Look! He's waking up!"

And surely enough, he opened his eyes. 

There, he saw his friends, Pico and Mary, with surprised expressions on their faces. Though, Pico looked much more troubled..

Mary gently hugged Keith, a small smile on her face. Keith chuckled a little. He looked around a little, seeing some expensive doctor equipment, a small nightstand with a vase on it, and a window, letting light into the room.

"Are we in a hospital..?" Keith muttered to himself.

"Of course we are, dummy!" Mary said, half-joking. "After what happened at the mansion-"

"What? What mansion" Keith asked confused.

Mary went silent, while Pico turned away. He could've sworn he heard him whimper a little. Seeing Pico's state, Mary sighed, then leaned in closer to Keith.

"We..encountered a demon at that abandoned mansion." Mary whispered. "But he got away after Pico shot him in the chest."

"O-oh..."

And just like that, all the memories came back, replaying themselves in Keith's mind like a tape recorder. The horrid pain, the looks on his friend's faces, his intestines almost falling out..