Versailles

Beyond that boundary line over there
Let's feel it
Like the hole Alice fell into
Like the road that leads to Hogwarts
It'll be a world of mirages
And it'll be all mine
It'll be exactly how I imagined
But it won't last forever
Shit

j-hope, Daydream, 2018

...

"NURSE! NURSE?" a loud voice rings through my head.

I feel my heart drop, the ring isn't around my finger anymore. Where is it? I need to find it!

"I NEED A NURSE, HE'S WAKING UP!" I want to cover my ears, but I can't seem to move my arms, or only at a very slow pace.

"Hobi. Hi! You woke up, it's gonna be fine" a dimpled smile enters my field of vision, the voice softening completely.

"JIMIN! GET YOUR ASS IN HERE!" he turns his head away from me again.

"Namjoon, you need to stop them, you need to stop them from entering the palace and please stop them from entering the maze" I say without thinking about it. My voice sounds incredibly raspy, like I haven't used it in weeks.

My head hurts, so I close my eyes again. The hand holding mine lets go. "What do you need?" a second male voice says.

"I don't know, he just sat up. And- and he said something!". The other man, who I presume to be the nurse interrupts him. "What did he say?" he asks. "I-I don't know, I think it was- French? And then he just started rambling, I can't really make sense of it" Namjoon says.

Wait.

Did it work?

Because that's Namjoon's voice.

I feel a small, soft hand move my bangs away from my forehead. "Hi" he says with a sweet voice. I open my eyes a little bit to see a pink-haired boy smiling at me.

"Oh Jimin, thank god you're here! Where's Yoongi?" I can slowly start to move my limbs again.

"Yeah he's saying really weird stuff. Namjoon, do you know who Yoongi is?" Jimin says. "I don't know, he never tells me anything" I can see Namjoon shrugging.

"Shut up Joon! He just woke up!" Jimin tries to hit Namjoon

It worked, didn't it?

I realize that the bed I'm lying on is the softest one I've laid on in a while. There are machines all around me. The air smells nice and my skin feels clean. Jimin has pink hair. 

It worked.

I try to sit up more, but I'm connected to a lot of wires. Jimin pushes me back down "Lay down hyung, you need to rest"

"I think I've rested long enough" I say with a smile. "At least he still has his sense of humor" Namjoon says, still talking to the nurse.

Jimin hugs me "Please don't scare me like this again Hobi, you were out for almost a month" he says with tears in his eyes. I kiss the top of his head "I won't"

...

After the nurse has done some tests on me, Namjoon and Jimin are allowed back into my room.

"There's absolutely nothing wrong with you, you're more than healthy" the nurse says. "You'll have to stay for 24 more hours. You should be glad that your friends chose to transfer you home from France, otherwise you would've had to stay there a lot longer" he continues. "Congrats babe" Jimin says while taking my hand in his.