'01'

I heard my alarm go off about 15 minutes ago, but I wasn't ready to get out of my bed. I rolled over grabbing my phone. I scrolled through Instagram for awhile. Seeing happy couples, gross. Happy families, as if. I saw friends with other friends and people I have never seen before. I wanted to hang out with them, and make time for them but I hate hanging out with people I didn't know. It made me uncomfortable. I clicked my phone off throwing it at the end of my bed. I groaned getting out from under the sheets and heading to the bathroom. I turned on the faucet splashing cold water in my face. I got dressed in a simple t-shirt and jeans topping it off with a belt. I threw on random shoes I found in my closet and headed out to the kitchen to take my medicine.

I tried multiple times to convince my mother and doctor I didn't need antidepressants. They disagreeed since my mom found me passed out drunk in my bathtub 2 weeks ago. I was fine, it was just a bad press day. It's been a good productive 2 weeks since then. I was about to make myself some coffee when I heard my phone ringing. I ran back to my room answering the phone without looking at the contact.

"Hey, it's Marie." I said pushing myself off the bed.

"I know. I called you remember." The voice said sarcastically. I pulled the phone away from my ear to see who it was. I quickly pulled it back to my ear.

"Barry! It's good to hear from you." I yelped.

"Yeah yeah. I got something big let's meet up for some breakfast." He said excitedly. I furrowed my brows in curiosity.

"Alright where?" I ask.

"I'll send you the address." And with that he ended the call. I grabbed my wallet off my dresser and my keys off a hook. I threw it all in my bag with my book and headed down to the parking garage. I unlocked my car hopping in, throwing my bag in the passenger seat. I carefully pulled out driving to the destination Barry sent me. I should have known he wanted to go to Perkins. I bopped my head to the light music that played throughout my car. Tame Impala was my go to band for anything and everything. I was lucky enough to meet Kevin at one of his concerts. I pulled into the parking lot finding a good place to park. I put the vechicle in park taking the key out of the ignition. I sat there for a minute before texting Barry asking him where he was at.

m- where ru?
b- inside at the table you coming in?
m- yeah.

I grabbed my bag getting out of my car and locking it. I headed in and found Barry. I smiled at him with a small wave as I sat opposite of him. He returned the smile.

"What do you have for me?" I asked excited.

"Are you ready for this? Cause your going to lose your shit." He said giving me a side look as he pulls something out of his bag. He sets the a pile of papers on the table covering the title.

"Barry, I'm ready." I said calmly, but inside I was a nervous wreck. He pulled his hand off the papers. And in all caps right smack dab in the middle were the words, MARVEL. My mouth drops and my eyes widen.

"Barry!" I shouted. I covered my mouth quickly trying to quiet myself. He just laughed.

"They called me this morning. They saw your work on Breaking Memories. They want you to play the character Eve Harling." He slides the paper work over to me now.

"I read about her in the comics. She's Bucky's long lost friend from HYDRA right?" Barry nods. I'm still in shock, this could be the biggest break of my career.

"Now I haven't a hundred percent agreed yet. I want you to read over the contract," He tapped the papers twice. "and let me know what you think and what changes you want made so I can negotiate them. They need the answer by the end of the week though." I nodded my head. What he said made sense but I was still in shock so I didn't think it was real.