'05'

After I finished my cigarette, I left Sebastian to go find Barry. I wanted to leave, I had embarrassed myself enough today. When I found him he was chatting with Chris E. I walked over with a sad smile.

"Hey you!" Chris said pushing my shoulder lightly and I laughed.

"Hey." I replied.

"You doing okay?" Barry asks. I nodded.

"I'm doing the best I know how." I whispered. Chris pulled me into a tight side hug. It was comforting and made me feel safe. But it was different, it wasn't Sebastian.

"You're really strong you know that?" Chris whispered still holding me tight. I smiled.

"My mom says the same thing." I felt him laugh.

"Don't you compare me to your mother. I find that very offensive!" He jokes as I pull away smiling at him.

"You guys would get along so well!" I laughed. He just nodded giving me a warm smile. I returned it. The butterflies in my stomach fluttered making my heart beat fast. After a minute Chris took a deep breath.

"Sebastian likes you." I furrow my brows.

"What are you talking about?" I ask almost laughing.

"Come on, he watches you very carefully and follows you anytime you walk out a door." He says pointing to the door behind. I blush looking down. "You guys knew each other before the other day didn't you?"

"Yeah, he kind of saved my ass at a party, long story." I said not wanting to elaborate. He smiled a cocky smile.

"I knew he was lying just by the way he was looking at you. It's the same look he gave Alexa." He said. I furrowed my brows once again.

"Who's Alexa?" I asked. He raised his eyebrows quickly, scratching his beard and I knew right then Sebastian wouldn't want me to know.

"Don't worry about it, I was just curious" I say trying to make the best out of the awkward situation.

"No no, I'm sorry. I just think maybe he should tell you that one." I nodded. He was probably right. I probably don't even want to know who she is. Saved by the bell Joe came over talking to Chris about shaving his beard for the film. He looked hurt but agreed anyway. I just laughed, walking away.

I walked over to where Barry had gone after leaving me with Chris.

"Are you ready to go?" He asked, I nodded silently. I crossed my arms together in front of my chest like i was practically hugging myself. Barry stepped closer putting a hand on my shoulder squeezing once before letting go.

"I'll grab your stuff," I didn't respond I just smiled softly. He walked off towards the chair my stuff was at.

"You leaving then?" A voice said behind me. I turned around to see Sebastian with his hands shoved in his pockets.

"Yeah, I'm worn out from all the power." I joked, he laughed.

"Would you mind if I- uh- if I called you?" He asked nervously. I looked up to him with a cocky grin.

"You don't have to ask, I'll pick up either way." He let out a sigh, almost of relief but I ignored it as Barry walked back over to us.

"Alright, got your stuff." He paused giving Sebastian a look. "Sebastian," Barry nodded. Seb just nodded back walking away. I gave Barry a weird look as we walked out.

"What was that about?" I question. He shook his head.

"I don't think you should hang around him outside of work." I scoffed at his comment.

"What the hell? Are you like my dad now? Telling me who I can and can't hang out with. Barry that's not like you." I remarked. Barry sighed.

"I've heard things about him, or not about him but that involve him. I'm telling M you don't want to get in the middle of it." He sounds worried. We stop at the side of my car.

"It has something to do with Alexa doesn't it." He doesn't say anything. "I knew it." I scoff.

"So what he has a crazy ex, that's not gonna stop me from hanging out with him, if I even hang out with." I say raising my voice.

"It's not that- just never mind. I'll meet you back at your apartment." He sighed walking towards his car. I furrowed my brows as I unlocked my car. I got in quickly starting the engine and buckling in. I didn't know what Barry was talking about. I didn't know anything about the 'situation' with Alexa.

I liked Sebastian but I guess Barry was right. I don't need anymore drama in my life. The shit with my dad is bad enough. But I don't think I will be able to stay away from him. I could try but I don't think I even want to. I pulled into my apartment parking lot and parked next to Barry. I grabbed my stuff heading up to my apartment.

I unlocked the door opening leading Barry in. I set my keys and purse on the counter before collapsing on the couch.

"I know Sebastian should be the one to tell you but to save you wasting time on him, I will." He takes a breath sitting next to me.

"Alexa is indeed Sebastian's, but there is a lot more to it," he paused again.

"Barry I love you but spit it it already," I said, and he sighed.

"He cheated on her, and it kind of brought a bad publicity to his name so I just don't think that's good for you right now." I was shocked to hear Sebastian cheated but I was a little angry.

"Are you kidding me, Barry? No ones gonna give a damn about Seb cheating or the 'bad publicity' when they all find out about my past! Don't you think you should be telling Sebastian to stay away from me. Or better yet all of them!" I paused. "If anyone's name has bad publicity it's mine." Barry put his hand on my forearm bringing me to look at him.

"No one knows, and no ones gonna know Marie so please-"

"No Barry, everyone I work with knows I was fucking beat almost to death. And Sebastian he knows- he knows that-" My breathing became heavy as tears filled my eyes. Barry pulled me into his chest holding me.

"You told him?" He whispered. I nodded, as he stroked my hair. I just sat there crying in his arms.

——————————

please i literally cried writing this im sorry next chap will be better i promise