Chapter 4: Ineffable

Thirty-five years ago, a young girl named Venus started showing unnatural ability. First noticed by her father, when he entered her room to find numerous pictures of a girl hung from a tree but only worried for his daughter's happiness he thought it was just a teenage phase.

Three days later, Joanna Gray from next door was found in her favourite backyard tree, with a tree branch wrapped around her neck.

Shocked, Venus's father told no one of his daughter's drawings, but tore them down from her walls and burned them. A week later Venus drew another set of grotesque images. An old man with thick tape suffocating him and mummifying his head.

Three days later, old Phil Bear was discovered on his back in a field near his farm, clumps of heavy dirt packed tight onto of his head.

This went on for over a year, in that time two more deaths were drawn and became reality and Venus found her best friend. Susanna crisp was the daughter of the king and queen of Bersech. This didn't stop the two girls becoming inseparable and Venus eventually confided in her friend about her mysterious gift. Venus could see the death of everyone she laid eyes on. It sometimes became too much. The only thing keeping her sane was her best friend, Susanna.

One day Susanna's mother had another child. Sue was so happy to have a sister that she invited Venus over to have a look. "Look at her V! Isn't she just wonderful?" Sue beamed at her friend, expecting a mirror response, only to find a scared expression on her face. "Oh no V. you've seen her death haven't you?" Susanna whispered to her friend as she struggled to hold back tears. But Venus just slowly shook her head. "That's just it sue, I can't see anything" Venus shifted her gaze from the blank future of the child and looked at sue. Confused, Susanna stared into the almost-black eyes of her sister. The baby lay still, staring back until sue moved away, unsettled.

From then on, sue never saw Venus. The baby continued to mature at an alarming rate. Her first word* at four months of age. Her first steps at seven months. As sue and Venus grew older, the baby grew just as fast, faster even.

It became obvious that belladonna crisp was a witch. And that meant her sister Susanna also possessed dark magic inside her.

*belladonna's first word, for the curious- ineffable (look it up)

.....and thats the fourth chapter of princess bob, sorry if it's a little short guys. School's been kinda busy and my creative juices aren't flowing very much!! please comment your thought or even suggestions so i can keep writing as this is my first go at a fantasty story and i'm having a lot of fun!!