Chapter 5: Oliver

After Uncle Herbert's explanation of Bob's family past, the castle was silent and gathering dust for exactly two days before there was sign of life.

Sauntering up the hill was a young man. He wore casual clothes that hung from his frame with a style that suggested he was very confident. Looking up at the castle he smirked and slowly tapped the brass handle that was attached to the door.

Herbert slowly reached the door, wondering who he knew that would call this early. To see a young man clutching a bundle of books surprised Herbert so much he physically took a step backwards. Then, realising it was the day he expected the tutor was coming he beckoned the young boy inside "hello, there. You must be the tutor..." the man smiled at him and bowed his head "yes, that's right. I'm Oliver" Herbert nodded and stood there awkwardly before remembering why Oliver had come. "I'll go fetch Bob"  

Bob had heard the knock and remembered, with dread that he had to start school. He hoped the tutor was female. That would make it much easier.... Then, a new voice floated up the stairs and bob groaned. The husky voice of a young man reached his bedroom and he was already regretting agreeing to education. He heard Herbert rushing up the stairs and met him at the door. 

Walking back down together, Bob stopped when he saw Oliver. His heart rate went through the roof and he shook slightly. Pulling himself together, he looked at the books in the lean hands of the man and asked "what are we going to be learning" the man laughed and, looking amused answered "how about introductions first? I'm Oliver. And you are?" bob smiled slightly, he had forgotten entirely to introduce himself. "I'm Bob. Bob crisp" 

Looking Oliver straight in his striking green eyes, he thought he saw a flash of surprise at his name. Maybe he didn't realise he would be teaching the son of the previous king and queen of Berserch.

"But Queen Susanna had a baby girl?"

A shocked silence followed this statement as the words sunk in. Bob gulped and hesitantly reached up to his short hair, to the confusion of Oliver, and tugged. As Herbert and the tutor watched, Bob's hair pulled away from his head and fell to the floor.

Pulling again at a tie, Bob's now long hair, tumbled down towards the base of his spine. He looked on as Oliver's eyes widened at the realisation that Bob was not a fitting name for the young woman standing in front of him. For the first time, he noticed the slight curve of the chest and the long tanned legs and he looked at Uncle Herbert, believing that he too was stunned, but found the old man watching him warily.

"I don't understand?? How...what??"

"I know we just met but I thought seeing as we are spending a large amount of time together and you already knew the Queens secret, I would just show you."

Bob's voice had turned higher and more delicate than it had been. His...sorry.Her voice reached the ears of Oliver and a calmness came over him. his shock slowly left him and his tight grip on his books lessened.

"i'm sorry to spring this on you, but i must insist you don't tell anyone about this"

Oliver took one look at the distressed look on the small face in front of him and nodded "of course, though i don't understand why you were disguised? also, now that you're not, uh, what do I  call you?"  bob laughed humourlessly and sighed "You could tell me. I know nothing except that I must not show my true face to anyone except uncle herbert. Oh, I forgot that. My true name is Dawn"

Oliver whispered the name and smiled as it settled on his tongue and filled his head with thoughts of sunshine. Still smiling he looked at the young girl in front of him 'So what should we start with? Do you think you could recite the names of all the kingdoms?" with a sparkle in her eye,Dawn laughed and replied "Oi, I'm fifteen, plus a royal princess, I think I can remember the names of the kingdoms my parents were a part of !"

Only two years seperated them, and as they sat down to start their first lesson both were having the same hopeful thought "This is going to be wonderful".

Ahhhh fifth chapter!!  I know thats only early days but I didn't think this would last to be honest!! please coment below on your thoughts i would really appreciate it xx  p.s I know it isn't monday but i forgot haha and also it needed some tweaking, plus yesterday was my swimsports day so I was too busy ! Sorry to the two people that read this ahah