Pentious x Bartender Reader

Requested by @The-KunoichiPrincess
Art by Vivziepop

Working as a bartender for a very well known bar had given you your fair share of encounters with famous, high level sinners.

From Valentino and Vox who would walk in after a successful video shooting, an occasional appearance from the Radio Demon, who would scare everybody out as soon as his humming could be heard (much to your annoyance), to the even rarer sighting of Lucifer Magne who came in after a rough day of watching over the affairs of Hell. Seeing high level demons prancing in every now and then started to become normal for you and you quickly got used to it.

However, nothing could stop the surprised look on your face when a certain cobra slithered in, roughed up and looking for a liquid distraction.

Your shift had just started to reach its end as you stood by the far end of the bar counter, cleaning a shot glass while taking glances at a nearby wall clock as you counted down the time until you could finally go home. Not that going back to your messy apartment was something you really wanted to do, but you could care less in your exhausted state.

A bar fight had broken out a couple hours earlier and you, not set on the idea of paying for any wasted alcohol, had to stop it and throw everyone outside before anything else got broken. That little catastrophe alone exhausted you for the rest of the day.

Yawning, you turned your attention to the wall clock and groaned in annoyance.

'30 minutes left,' you rolled your eyes and looked down at the shot glass you had been cleaning, 'Could time go any fucking slower?' You internally asked yourself.

That's when he slithered in.

The door slammed open, making you jump and look over, as the sinner panted and huffed. Your eyes narrowed at the figure as you set the shot glass and cleaning towel you were holding down on the counter.

"Hey! How many times do I have to tell you assholes not to slam the door open!" You shouted, assuming it was a regular who had visited before. "If there's any kind of dent, you're paying for the damage!"

When you didn't get an answer you huffed and opened your mouth to say something else before the sinner moved into the light. You quickly shut your lips at the sight of a certain reptilian inventor as he slithered over to the bar counter, closing the front door with the tip of his tail in a much more careful manner.

Well, it was official.

Sir Pentious had just made an appearance in a bar.

Your bar.

You had to be dreaming or something.

No one had ever seen the cobra in any bar in Pentagram City, or even outside of his mansion in the middle of the area so seeing him come in at the half an hour before midnight was a surprise. Now whether that was a pleasant or unpleasant one, you had yet to know. Guess you'd have to find out.

Shaking your head and pulling yourself from your shock, you walked over to where he sat at the bar counter. As you got closer, you could see that he was incredibly battered and beaten. Cuts littered his face and tail, tears could be noticed all over his suit, and his hat was nowhere to be found.

Overall, he looked like absolute shit.

Looking back over at the clock, you sighed out under your breath, "Alright, let's get this over with..."

You cleared your throat as you stood in front of the inventor. He glanced up at you with a slightly dazed look as his tongue flicked out, taking in your scent as he rested his hands on the counter.