4| BUCK'S MANEUVER

─────❝4| BUCK'S MANEUVER❞─────

"Hurry up, come on!" Bobby yelled as the firefighters exited the trucks

"Hurry up, come on!" Bobby yelled as the firefighters exited the trucks. Up on the twentieth floor approximately was a man standing on the balcony with the intention of killing himself. Jumpers are always a tough one.

"It's got to be a jumper? He couldn't threaten himself with a gun?"

Laura sent Buck a nasty look at his comment. "Right, Cause that would be preferable." Hen agreed with Laura and she was vocal about it.

"Bedroom door is locked. The girlfriend is on the living room balcony," the voice over the radio said.

Cap stared a bit more at the scene before turning to his team. "We're gonna have to do The Maneuver." Laura nodded in understanding.

"Bobby, no, I..."

"Yes," Bobby insisted.

"I'll do it," Chimney offered.

Cap shook his head in denial. "No, Buck's got this." Buck hesitated. "You got this."

Laura turned her face to him. "You can do it," she whispered to him to give him more confidence. "Remember what we talked about." She patted his shoulder and followed Bobby as they made their way to the victim's apartment.

"Fine. You want to jump? Go ahead and jump!" The woman was screaming at the man. When she sensed the firefighters with her, she turned to them. "I don't even know what to say to him anymore."

"Telling him to jump is probably not the way to go," Bobby tells her as they surround her in the small balcony.

The woman was exasperated, which was understandable as her boyfriend was about to plummet to his death if they don't act fast. "He will not listen to me, okay? He's convinced that I cheated on him, and we keep going in circles." She looked to her left and saw her boyfriend putting one foot in the air. "Don't you dare do that; I swear to God!"

Laura squinted her eyes and looked between the couple. "Jesus, did you really cheat on him?"

The woman sent her a glare. "Is it really the time for that?"

Bobby sighed. "So, that's a yes."

The woman turned to look at Bobby now. "No, it isn't."

Laura rolled her eyes and looked down at her watch. This was getting stressful as the guy was getting closer and closer to really stepping off the ledge.

"Just tell him you're sorry," Bobby suggested.

"Absolutely not."

Laura rolled her eyes once more and walked inside the house for a second. "How we doing up there, Buckley?" Laura asked into the radio.

"Almost set."

"Alright, Bobby will give you the signal." Laura walked back out just as Bobby was starting the story they use for situations like this one.