"bye-bye."

hello. almost 40 views. what the fuck guys what is so interesting about tubbo centric one shots with the cover "WHAT THE FUCK GAY CODED TUBBO" to you guys
anyway this guy is kinda angsty. make sure to listen to "i don't want to set the world on fire" in order to understand this dipshit
this might be a little shorter then usual :)
tw/cw: death, arson, mentions of trauma, suicide(yikers)
—————————————————————
a brunette walked through the sickly charred streets of his past neighborhood. houses were torn, the scent of burnt flesh still rang in the air. soft cackles of fire and screams of agony rang in his ears. memories of himself running from his burning home crying with a bee plush flashed through his head. he could feel the warmth of the old fire on his back as he stalked the neighborhood.
old soot flew through the air, reminding tubbo that everyone he loved was probably dead. the cold air contrasted the memory of fire, winter panging his heart with pain. in his pocket was a heavy feeling, something he would need today. wrapped on his arm was a red bandana, it reminded him of his old friend who was probably alive. his name was tommy, they were really close.
of course, things change. he started hanging out with wilbur and techno more, his brothers. it was okay to tubbo. they would always be friends, even just a distant memory.
cracks of charred wood crunched beneath his feet as he walked through the cold winter morning to finish his chore at his old house. he had a certain something to do; it was important to him. he needed it.
tubbo turned the corner to a familiar street, walking down the charred sidewalk. he saw a half burnt house, the roof destroyed. the whole thing was charred quite obviously almost gone. he opened the creaky wood door, walking into a familiar home. soot stained the floor, tears welling in the boys eyes.
today was the day.
the opened another creaky door, opening to an almost obliterated library. books and discs littered the floors, but it was okay. today was the day.
he looked around a bit, opening a cabinet and finding a record player in decent condition. scanning the floors, he noticed a charred plastic box. he grabbed the box and snapped the sides of the cover open, giving him access to the possessions inside the box.
"perfect." tubbo shakily grinned, pulling out a disc container. it read off in black sharpie, "I DONT WANT TO SET THE WORLD ON FIRE."
he opened the disc container and took the record player into the main room. as he was setting up himself, he heard footsteps from a distance. cracks of wood and creaks from the house.
"hello?" a familiar voice called out. tubbo didn't respond as he slipped the disc into the empty circle. he turned it on as the record player slowly began to spin. he placed the top part down, playing a familiarly broken song.
he had noticed the boy had come to the entrance of the house, seeing tubbo in his final state.
"isn't it funny, tommy?" tubbo asked softly. "sometimes, it's funny how you come back to where you started. only to burn it back down again."
"what?"
"are you a ghost?"
the silence between the two old best friends rested for a minute.
"i'm more alive then this burnt house playing a disc from the 1920's. why are you here?"
"it's not burnt," tubbo said, not bothering to answer the final question. he would find out.
the brunette pulled out a lighter, the song continuing to play. the song caused him to hear cackles of the old fire in his ears. tears started to run down his face, but he didn't even notice.
"not unless i make it." he said, lighting the lighter and putting it right next to him. the old wood began to creak and burn as the fire grew bigger. the song played beautifully, finishing him off. he eerily hummed the tune as the fire overcame his vision, accepting him into its embrace.
today was the day.
———————————————
sincerely me.