Chapter 3

I woke up to a cold bath and shivered, it felt as if the atmosphere changed. Since, Yukio normally would call my phone to wake me up if ever i fell asleep in the bath again and i swear i left the light open before i fell asleep in the tub.....or did i turn it off? Nah, let's shrug it.

I got up and out from the tub and opened the drain to empty its components. I reached out for the switch and flipped it but.....the light didn't turn on? The power never goes out in my complex though.

I opened the door and the lights in my room were off too. Yup there's an outage i sighed and walked over to my closet as my wet skin glistened from the moonlight that was going through the window and grabbed a pair of black yoga pants and a light blue dri-fit tank top wearing a black sports bra under that, then i tied my hair back into a mid ponytail and went out my room.

The house was also empty. "Yukio?" I called not once but twice and no answer. I went out of my apartment to see that the whole building is on black out but, no one seems to be outside? But that never happens, there's atleast one or two people roaming around.

I went back inside to wear my running shoes though im just gonna walk, just a little walk to get my mind clear and off of we all know who. I brought a mask along with me cause i didn't want people to see me nor remember me.

I walked out of my apartment and out of the building to try and go to this nearby candy store in a small alley that i go to cause they have the best candy. But something is NOT right about tokyo.

Usually to get to the store im talking about, you have to go to shibuya crossing, then the street to the right of the convenience store but...theres no people at shibuya? Impossible...my mind has GOT to give me a break God i may be sleep deprived but im not psychotic. If only Chishiya fucking attended his damn shifts.

I just, sat in the middle of the cross roads and layed down looking at the stars, this was what my mom and i used to do when im stressed or just want to calm down as a teen.

All of a sudden the led billboard lit up surprising me and had a huge 'Game' on it.

Game arena this way

It pointed to the right road and i vaguely saw more lit up signs about this so called game. So i followed it like every normal person would just to realize that these signs were leading me to the candy shop i was talking about awhile ago. I got down the alley seeing that there were 2 or 3 people were i assume, going to the candy shop too.

Arriving at the candy shop, there were about atleast 9 other players, well 10 if you count me in. Beside the register there were phones and a sign saying "one for each player" so i took it since...everyone had one in their hands??

"10 registered players. Registration will close in 1 minute" the phone spoke as i looked around the place and all the other players. They all looked at me but no one would talk, so i just stayed silent. A little while later 2 more players came in wearing.....beach attire? Who the fuck would wear beach attire to the candy shop the nearest beach is like, 10 kilometers away and thats just my moms beach hotel.

"Registration is now closed. Game will start in 5 minutes. walk in the rosewood door behind the register"

Everyone started walking to the door behind the register but were hesitant to open the door. It's just a damned door so i went pass all of them and opened the door while they stepped back "what?" I looked back at them and walked inside the room with a round table with 12 chairs surrounding it. And i sat on one of them waiting for the rest of the group to walk in the room. "I'm sorry but what's this whole set up? Some kind of prank?" I asked as everyone looked at me as if i said something stupid "Silence means yes. Im out of here" i said and stood up to open the door as one of the beach attired guy shouted at me "If you go out the door you'll die" he stared at me dead in the eye as i just, sat back down to my seat beside him.