Chapter 4

We all went home quickly, and got a change of clothes and I picked up my glasses. "Lydia, maybe you've got this wrong, you're letting your personal judgment, in the way of this. Your father may have not been the best-" Hotch starts but I interrupt.

"Don't, don't, profile me, or try to understand my relationship with that man." I say, walking off, into the interrogation room with Gibbs. "You lied! You lied about when you last saw them women! You lied about the money!" I say.

"You have to understand" he says, I laugh shaking my head. "No, I am done trying to understand you, I'm done with you lying to me and everyone! Them women didn't steal your money! So what's the deal this time? What's the story? And don't lie to me, because I will know!"

"I'm in debt, I'm using yours and Tony's fund." I scoff "when aren't you in debt? Why'd you lie?"
"Because, I thought you'd believe me and I'm sorry"
"What did you argue about?" I ask.
"We didn't !"
"We have witnesses" Gibbs retorts
"Erm, it was about me cheating on them!"
"Why didn't you tell us?" I ask
"Didn't think it was relevant"
"Are you for real? You do realise that your the last person seen with the deceased? Which means that you would later be a suspect, right? And did I forget to mention, that you are a suspect?" He nods

"Did you kill them?" Gibbs ask. He shakes his head "No" I look at Gibbs at he looks at me, I shake my head. "No, he didn't kill them"

"What else, can you tell us?"
"They left with this guy, Rico I think." I nod
"Can I go?" I shake my head.
"No, you still lied to a federal agent, obstruction of justice" he scoffs, to which I raise an eyebrow. "I'm your father!" I shake my head. "No, your a sperm donor. You left me, all alone as a child. When I came to you, showing you the marks from school, you shoved me off and focused on anything but me. Tony was always helping me, when I was being beaten the shit out of, because I was to smart. That's not a father, it wasn't my fault and you know it." I say walking out.

"Let's get a court order for an arrest warrant!" I say. We get into the neighbourhood and knock on the door "FBI and NCIS, open up!" Tony shouts but no answer. I look at the team and and they nod. I step back and kicked down the door. We search the house and we all split up, I go into the bedroom with Spencer and I'm grabbed and he held a gun to my head. "In here!" Spencer shouts. Minutes later the team is surrounding us.

"I had to kill them, they were messing up, Miguel's life, I love him." Rico says. I roll my eyes.
"Idiot, look you asshole let me go, before I let myself go!" I shout as he laughs
"Lydia!"
"No, I don't think I will!"
"Fine, suit yourself!" I lean my head forward and thrust it backwards as fast as I could, then I stepped on his foot with the heel of my shoe.

He stepped back, letting me go, he punched me in the face. I kneed him in the crotch and punched him in the face. I kicked the gun away and cuff him. "Bitch!"

"I warned you! Now, get him out of here!" I wiped my nose an there was blood. "Asshole!" I say. "Hey!" Rossi and Fornell say in unison. I roll my eyes. "He punched me in the face and had me at gun point! I don't think calling him an asshole is going to hurt!"

Spencer and Tony come over and hug me, they lean back and both hold one of my shoulders. "You, you ever do that again and I'm going shoot you myself!" Tony says and I shake my head laughing "you should really stop lying, Tony." I say, me and Spencer giggle, whilst Tony just shakes his head.

"I'm going to shoot the pair of you" he says, I point one of my fingers at him. "Now, your telling the truth, see no stutter." I say and  everyone laughs. "Let's go!" I say putting my arms around Spencer and Tony's waist, and we all walk out the house.

We are back at NCIS and saying our farewells, "Call anytime, you need my help." I say, hugging Tony. "You too, call any time you need you favourite brother." I laugh
"That's cute Tony, real cute. I'm going to hang out with my favourite brother at the weekend, you should come along." I say, everyone laughs, but Tony. "That hurt, sis, Im actually bringing my favourite sister, as well." I laugh harder and double over "Tony I'm your only sister" Tony stops laughing. "Bye sis" Tony says.
"Goodbye brother." I say hugging. I let go and grab my satchel, and we start to leave, but somebody calls my name, I turn around to see my dad "Lydia, I'm sorry!" My eyes start to water, I nod my head. "Are you though? We've been through this path before, you know as a kid I thought you hated me." He sighs
"You always were a difficult kid, you still are I guess. I'm just not ready to forgive you." He says, Tony scoffs "really dad!"
"Lydia, I phrased that wrong"

"You know what, it's fine. We have to go, nice seeing you all." I say wiping my eyes, and we all walk to the elevator, I kept hearing them call my name.

We took the car to the airport. We get on the plane, Rossi and Fornell playing chess, Hotch doing paperwork, Derek and Spencer are playing cards. I drop of to sleep, listening to music.

"Lydia, please stop."
"Okay"
"Lydia, come on."
"Sorry"
"Lydia, stop with that ball! It's distracting!"
"Sorry, mommy!" But I still bounce it.
"Lydia, will you- ahhhh!" Just then a car comes crashing into our side of the car,
"Ahhhhhhhhh, mommy!" Then I fell unconscious.

I bolt awake, with tears streaming down my face. I look around to see everyone sitting around me, Spencer and Hotch are closer than everyone else, I take out my earphones . "What?" I ask, wiping the tears away. "Lyd, you was making sounds, you whimpered and then you let out a scream." Spencer said . I smile at him "I'm fine, Spence, it's nothing"I say reassuringly.

"Look, Lydia your dad, blames you for something-" Morgan says and I scoff, I grab my satchel and take out the ball and hold it up. "He's probably right, it is my fault. The car crash, that killed mom. Everyone said that it was a drunk driver speeding through a red light. But, I was throwing this around in the car, she told me to stop but I didn't. I killed her, I killed my mom." I with tears in my eyes, not even bothering to hide the tears "I kept this to remind me, every day. Secretly I knew it was my fault, but whenever dad said that it was my fault I tried to stand up and convince me more than him that it wasn't my fault." I sob, "Look I don't need you guys to see my cry" Spencer scoffs.

"Jesus, Reid has she always been this stubborn?" Fornell asks. Hotch and Spencer laugh "Definitely, it escalated more when she joined the Marines" I nudge Spencer.

"You know my mother, my biological mother always said 'Let your walls down. Breakdown. Build them back up'" I say and Spencer laughed. We all started talking until the plane ride came to an end. We all drove back to the BAU, we all went out separate ways.

Now it's only me and Hotch are the only ones left, I walk into his office and drop of a file for him to sign. I begin to walk out but he calls out "Lyd?" I stop in my tracks and turn to him closing the door. I walk over and sit down in one of the chairs, and pout with a raised eyebrow. "Don't look at me like that." I try and hide a smirk but fail "what's wrong?" He stands up and walks over to me and puts his hands on my shoulders. I look up with a smirk "what?" He leans down and kisses me on the lips "you know it's not your fault?" He says. I get up and lean against his desk facing him. "Your probably right" I reply. He nods and walks over to me putting his arms around my waist "I love you, Lydia" I smile and shake my head, I lean forward pulling him into a kiss. I pull back "Yeah, well I love you more, Aaron Hotchner" he smiles and pulls me into a kiss. We stay there for a couple of minutes until my phone rings, I see my ex wife's number "Oh great, it's my ex." He chuckled and I pick up the phone "Yes?"

"Hi, when are you going to see Theo?"

"I'll see him tomorrow, Mia"

"Okay, just remember, Lydia. he's only two, try and spend time with him before he grows up."

"I know, tell him, I love him"

"Okay"