Chapter 1 ~ September 1, 1990

It was a busy crowded station. Full of people trying to get somewhere. Among the hustle and commotion, I was standing with my trolley.

My father walked in front of me leading me to the famous brick wall. He was a thin man with sallow skin, a large hooked nose, uneven teeth. He has long black hair that makes his face look thin and he has black eyes.

Apparently, I have my mother's eyes "'you have your mothers' eyes...blah blah blah" the amount of times father has told me this is absolutely insane. But I know why he always tells me this. Deep down inside I know he is still hurting from that day, 1981 when my mum passed away because-- well that's a story for another day.

Father was instructing me on how to get past the brick wall for the hundredth time today. "Yes, father," I replied. I wasn't fully paying attention to what he was blabbing about but I knew all I had to do was walk straight at the wall between platforms nine and ten.

"Best to do it at a run if you're nervous" father snapped as I was staring at his black robe longer than a wedding gown.

The trolley was in front of me as I started to walk which broke into a run, the barrier was coming nearer and nearer. I closed my eyes shut expecting a big crash--

A gust of wind went right through me giving me goosebumps. I turned to the right and there it was a big scarlet steam engine was waiting next to a platform filled with people. Or I should say, wizards and witches.

"No time to waste" Father had just passed the barrier and was already guiding me towards the train while pointing to the clock. It was almost 11 o'clock.

Smoke was coming out of the train and I could see the first few carriages packed with students, poking their heads out the window as they were talking with their families.

As we got to the middle of the train I grabbed my luggage and owl off the trolley and climbed into the train. As I attempt to find an empty compartment, I look behind and see father climb into the train and follow me.

My face went scarlet matching the color of this train when he asked "where shall we sit?"

"Father, are you --" "Joking. I will go and find a seat in the front of the train with the other professors and prefects"

My father was the potions professor at Hogwarts. This was one thing I was worried about. What if he treats me differently than the other students? Will the others hate me? Will father embarrass me in front of my friends? Will others not want to be my friend because of my father?

A series of questions ran through my mind as I found a seat next to the window. The train started moving. Several students walked past my compartment yet no one came in.

Maybe they already knew who my father was and they didn't want to come in. I was starting to have horrible thoughts. What if I don't have any friends?

Then two girls came near my compartment. One girl had long brown hair with dark eyes and was accompanied by a short girl. The other girl looked Asian with long silky hair, her bangs reaching her eyes. She had light skin, unlike the other girl who was a little darker.

They looked at each other as they opened the door. I was staring at them, which might have scared them off.

"Is it alright if we sit here?" she asked as she moved her bang out of her eyes. "All of the other compartments seem to be full"

I shook my head. "Of course!" The two girls sat down on the opposite side of me. I thought maybe I should introduce myself. But what if they hear my last name and what to leave? I knew I was overreacting but before I could think about what to say the girl interrupted my negative strain of thought.