Chapter 8: Recollecting and Returning

Top: Opening Theme V2

Strider POV:

Location: Branwen Tribe Camp, Anima

All of us had some dinner, and I'm pretty sure everyone loved it

All of us had some dinner, and I'm pretty sure everyone loved it. Hajime turned out to be a talented cook after all. Akame especially appreciates it and asks for seconds, even thirds. While we were eating, Fate, Akame, Hajime and I decided to get our own private table to talk about a few things. These included where we came from, our powers, and our current motives to win.

Hajime: So people just decided to bully you just because you were powerless? Weren't you there to help people? Why would they bully you if you were only trying to do something to help others. That's just.......

Strider: I know, but I want to be able to rewrite this world. Not from killing people, but by showing them the right path. Anyways.... Hajime ( he looks at me) why did you decide to come to this world. I mean, you guys did beat the final boss right? So why would you throw yourself back into the fire?

Hajime:.... It's so I can save a friend.

Strider, Fate, and Akame: ?

Hajime: Back then, I had a friend. Her name was Chiaki Nanami. Her title was the Ultimate Gamer. She was quiet, but she became one of my best friends. She already died on two separate occasions. The first was before the Tragedy, when her death brainwashed my friends into becoming the Ultimate Despair. The second was in the Neo World Program as an AI, when she unintentionally killed someone, and was executed because of it. On both occasions, she was a really good friend to both me and my classmates.

Strider, Fate, and Akame looked at Hajime with saddened eyes, but Strider wanted to make sure Hajime was telling the truth.

Strider: So then, how did you get here? Did you meet Estelle?

Hajime:.... Yeah, it happened a while ago, it all started when......

Flashback:

Location: Hajime's World, Future Foundation Ship