DADA from Hell

(Y/n)'s POV

Either people are being really nice to be, or acting as if I have the plague - sometimes both.

What's worse is that Draco is slightly distancing himself from me....
I don't know what's going on with the world anymore.

But whatever happened, it's led me to slowly making my way to DADA by myself.

I can't not wait til I get back to my comfy bed. I could already feel Umbridge sucking the soul out of me.

Pretty sure she's a humanoid dementor. Everyone is just miserable when she's around.

I finally got the class and managed to get a seat next to Hermione.

"Hey" she said with a sad smile. "You also thinking school ain't gonna be great this year?" She questioned whilst getting her quills out.

I followed her example, "yeah, but for me? It beats being at home"

"So he's really back?" She questioned, earning lots of whispers and glares from others.

"Unfortunately, and he is a pain to live with!" I sighed overdram- I mean, appropriately.

I could see two Gryffindors bring a paper bird to life only to have it disintegrated.

We all turned to see the abysmal pink blob in heels at the door.

"Good morning, children.
Ordinary Wizarding Level examinations.

O-W-Ls.
More commonly known as OWLs.
Study hard and you will be rewarded.
Fail to do so, and the consequences may be severe.

Your previous instruction in this subject has been disturbingly uneven.
But you'll be pleased to know, from now on... you will be following a carefully structured, Ministry-approved... course of defensive magic. Yes?" She asked as Hermione had put her hand up.

"There's nothing in here about using defensive spells?"
Umbridge looked dumbfounded, "using spells? Well, I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom"

This time Ron spoke out, "we're not going to use magic?"

I'm not entirely sure how she thinks a school of magic works.

"You'll be learning about defensive spells in a secure, risk-free way."

Uh ohhhhh, that means book learning......I'm out.

"What use is that? If we're attacked, it won't be risk-free" I spoke out like I was talking to a kid.

Honestly how stupid could you be.

"Students will raise their hand when they speak in my classroom"

We all shared a look - okay with bitch really has to go.

"It is the view of the Ministry... that a theoretical knowledge will be sufficient... to get you through your examinations... which, after all, is what school is all about"

I can't believe this woman. Where's my father when you need him??

"And how's theory supposed to prepare us for what's out there?" Harry blurted out in dismay.

"There's nothing out there dear, who do you imagine wants to attack children like yourself?"

I mean.....I could think of several people.

"Oh I don't know, maybe....Lord Voldemort?"

Everyone gasped and the classroom grew tense.
I still can't believe people don't think he's back. I mean.....he has been trying for the last 5 years.

"Now, let me make this quite plain.
You have been told... that a certain dark wizard is at large once again.

This .is .a .lie."

I'm about to curse this woman!

"It's not a lie. I saw him. I fought him." Harry tried to plead desperately.

Which just earned him a detention.

"So according to you, Cedric Diggory dropped dead of his own accord?" I butted in cause I was about to lose my cool.

"Cedric Diggory's death was a tragic accident." ......just like your birth.

"It was murder. Voldemort killed him!"

"Enough! Enough."

"See me later, Miss Riddle, Mr Potter. My office."

She's picked the wrong family to mess with.