Her past

Ryan's pov

We get her down there as quick as we can I lay her down on the bed and Harris starts running some tests. The longer she's out the more worried I get. I start pacing in the small room. When Harris says my name I snap out of it and stop, "Ryan she's okay she just needs to rest. Whatever happened with this uncle of hers must have been bad because it made her look sickly when he was mentioned." I nod my head still processing what just happened, "I felt her panic when she started freaking out. I knew she was going to faint before she did, and that's why I rushed to her side." "Must have something to do with you both having powers." I nod my head knowing that's the most logical explanation, "It just feels like there's something more to this then that."

~a few hours later~

Ella starts to stir and wake slowly, "Hey guys she's waking up," I tell them through the mech link. "Okay we'll be down in a minute." I disconnect the link and wait for her to wake. "Hhhhh what happened?" She asks well trying to sit up which makes her dizzy, "Woah easy there you started panicking when Leo mentioned your uncle and then you fainted." She rubs her temples, "You know you didn't have to stay with me." "I know but I wanted to, but can I ask what that was all about?" She stops frozen for a moment before she speaks again, "My uncle he- he was a good person until Leo's trails. He volunteered to a be test subject with my parents."

~16 years ago~

Ella's moms pov

"Thank you all for volunteering for this it is for the safety of the world that we need to try and make you technopaths." Leo goes on explaining the trials and why we're here. My brother Erik is on my left and my husband Aaron on my right. We decided to come here together to help save people. Little did we know what it would do to us.

~a few months later~

Erik has changed since the trails started he's not the man he was when he decided to come with us. Since then I've learned I was pregnant so Aaron wants me to stop participating in the trails but it was already to late. I could tell there were powers within my baby so it became my job to protect her from anyone who may try to hurt her. Even if it meant hiding her from her own family.

~three years later~

He's after her he's trying to take her away. I need to get her to Leo he can keep her safe. I run to where we were going to meet that night and hide there waiting for Leo to show up and he arrives not soon after me. "Leo! You need to take her Erik is after her! He'll do anything to get his  hands on that power. I'll draw them away." With that I put her hand in his and crouch to be face to face with her, "Mommy loves you Ella but she has to leave you here with Leo so you can be safe." A tear slides down her cheek, "Goodbye my dear." With that she runs off making noise as she goes trying to draw them away. Soon it's quiet then a scream sounds out from the darkness.

~present time~

Ella's pov

I don't know when I started crying but that story is hard for me to remember, "That's the only memory I have of my mother that scream was the last I ever heard from her before Leo grabbed me and ran off taking me away from her forever. Later he went back to talk to my dad and found out she was dead. I just miss her so much." I start shaking and crying more, and that's when Ryan finally speaks up, "That's horrible I don't know what happened to your uncle but he doesn't deserve to be your family. Do you need a hug?" I nod not trusting my voice and stand up to hug the slightly taller man He wraps me in his arms and rest his chin on my head and for the first time in thirteen years I feel safe. "Th-thank you," Is all I manage to stutter out. He pulls away from the hug to look me in the eyes, "What for?" "For listening to me no one's ever cared enough about me to listen, but you did and you hardly know me, so thank you." The moment is ruined when Mark shows up to meet the new girl, "What's up losers. Wait did I just ruin something?" Ryan goes to speak but Mark is quick to answer himself, "Nah I'm Mark Walker and I'm too awesome to ruin something." I shake my head and hit him with a gravity puck shoving him out of the room, "Well you did so see ya." I shut the door just to screw with him. "Your good not many people stand up to Mark like that." "I'm not just anybody though am I?" "No you are not."  I blush and shy away from him, "Uhm- I-I'm gonna go check on Leo," and with that I leave the room.

Ryan's pov

As she tells me the last time she remembers seeing her mother she starts crying, and I don't know what came over me but something tells me if I want to have physical contact with her I need to ask. "That's horrible I don't know happened to your uncle but he doesn't deserve to be your family. Do you need a hug?" She just nods her head before standing up to give me a hug. I give her the kind of hug that let's her know she's safe, one so she'll know I'll protect her. I know we just met but I can tell this connection we feel is more than just something we feel cause of our power. The technopath power just amplifies the connection. My thoughts are interrupted when I hear her stutter a small, "Th-thank you." I don't know why she's thanking me but she doesn't seem the type to thank just anyone. I step back so I can look into her eyes when I ask, "What for?" "For listening to me no one's ever cared enough about me to listen, but you did and you hardly know me, so thank you." I'm about to speak again when I hear someone walk into the room. As soon as the first word comes out of his mouth I know exactly who it is. Mark. I shoot a glare at him as he speaks, "What's up losers. Wait did you I just ruin something?" I go to tell him he just ruined the moment between me and this beautiful lady but he interrupts before I can speak, "Nah I'm Mark Walker and I'm to awesome to ruin something." I'm about to speak up when Olive beats me too it, "Well you did so see ya." Next thing you know there's a gravity puck shoving him out the door and it shuts as he leaves. "Your good not many people stand up to Mark like that." She's just full of surprises, "I'm not just anybody though am I?" I can't help but notice how her eyes sparkle when she says that, "No you are not." I can feel my face heating up as I blush slightly as she shys away from me and tries to hide her blush. She stutters out, "Uhm- I-I'm gonna g-go check on Leo." She quickly leaves the room and Mark is quick to come stand in her place, "So dingus who's the girl? You clearly like her and you brought her to the new robot." I shake my head slightly and sigh, "First of all her name is Ella. Second of all I didn't bring her here she was here before me and plus she's also a technopath. Third of all we connected with our power as soon as we got back from space." He looks surprised, "Wait so this Ella girl knew about this place but we never once saw her before?" "She's been in hiding for the past 13 years. Leo had to hide her from everybody. Now if you don't mind I'm gonna see how the robot is coming along." I walk out of the room heading to the control center to make sure Ella and Leo are okay.