When Light Joins the Dark Part 16

The screen opens to show team PNR in their room. It is mid-morning of the weekend Pyrrha is working on homework. Nora is listening to music, and Lie is reading a book. It has been months since the death of team RWBY.

Many felt sorrow remembering the events.

Soon, Pyrrha receives a message on her scroll. What she sees causes her to stand up from her seat. She puts her hand over her mouth. Nora and Lie notice her action.

"Pyrrha, what's wrong?" Lie said.

"It's my mom," Pyrrha said still shaking. Pyrrha shows the rest of her team.

Their eyes widen at what they are seeing.

It is a photo of Pyrrha's mother tied to a chair. She has a scared expression on her face.

The audience was surprised by this.

Another message appears. They all look at it.

"If you want her to live, you will arrive at the bullhead docks. A private bullhead will be waiting, to take you to her. If you breathe a word to anyone about these messages or try to call anyone, I can't guarantee her life. Bring Lie Ren and Nora Valkyrie with you as well. You have thirty minutes to get ready and to arrive at the bullhead. If you are late, you will lose this chance to save her. Remember, don't talk about this to anyone. We'll know."

"What do we do?" Nora asked.

"This could be a trap," Lie said.

"I don't care," Pyrrha said, "My mom is in danger. I have to go save her. I just feel bad you guys got wrapped up in all this."

"We're your friends, Pyrrha. We'd go even they said not to go with you," Lie said.

"Renny's Right! Let's go save your mom!" Nora shouted.

Pyrrha smiled at them.

Pyrrha smiled as well. She was happy to have them in her life.

They get their gear ready and make their way to the bullheads.

The screen changes to the bullhead docking area. They go to the only bullhead in the docking area.

The door opens. The pilot wearing a blank featureless mask walks up to them.

"Hello," He said. His voice was altered by the mask, "I'll be the one taking you to the location. Before we embark, I am going to ask for your scrolls. Can't have you calling for help or leading people to the location."

The three complied and handed him their scrolls. He deactivates the scroll's functions, so they can't be tracked or used to make or receive calls.

"You'll get these back later. Hopefully," The pilot said.

Many didn't like how he said 'Hopefully.'

The four make their way into the bullhead. The four take their seats. The bullhead takes off to the location.

The screen changes. After hours of traveling, they land. The door opens, and the three get out. After they are out of the bullhead, it takes off leaving them there.

The three wonder where they are. It looks to be an abandoned village. Lie looks closely around them, and his eyes widen in the realization of where they are.

Many wonder what this place is.

The Rens' eyes widen at where they are.

"I know this place," Lie said, "This is Kuroyuri. My village."