Walking

Izuku's POV

I was leaving my house on my way the UA when I spotted the all too familiar blond spiked hair just up the street.

I haven't walked with Kacchan in a while so maybe today would be a good chance to. I quickly made my way out of the drive way and shouted after him.

" Kacchan! C-can you w-wait up please!"

To my surprise, Kacchan stopped and turned around instead of ignoring me as usual.

"Are you gonna just stand there and make me wait all day or are you coming!?" Kacchan yelled, clearly irritated already as I hadn't realised I was staring.

"Sorry Kacchan!" I said as I quickly made my way to his side, smiling brightly up at him.
God he's gorgeous.
I could feel my stomach roll and my face flush just from staring into those beautiful ruby eyes.

It was when Kacchan made a "tch" noice and started to slowly walk away that I realised I was zoning out and staring at him.

"G-good morning Kacchan!"

"Tch. Morning nerd"

Even though the last part was a mumbled whisper I still heard it. I know Kacchan has trouble expressing himself through words and opening up to people. But then again who could blame him, have you met his mother!?

Luckily for me, I grew up with Kacchan and know when he means things and when he doesn't. I also know when he means something else entirely and doesn't know how to say it. What can I say, I'm head over heels in love with the guy and know everything about him. I still feel honoured that out of all his friends I still know him better than anyone could imagine.

I knew today Kacchan was in a happy mood as he was relaxed and less aggressive when talking.

We were waking in comfortable silence as we got closer to the UA gates. Today we were moving into our dorms and I was really exited.

I spotted Kirishima and Sero outside the gates as we neared. I instantly sensed Kacchan tense slightly, preparing to try (and fail) to keep his anger in check.

"Hey bakubro!" Kiri shouted cheerfully as we approached them.

Not wanting a fight and for Kacchan to have a relaxing day for once I instinctively took his hand in mine to calm him.

I felt him stiffen slightly then relax into my hand. He turned his head to face me with anger and confusion on his face. Which quickly turned to slightly shocked and thankful as he realised what I was doing. I did this when we were kids you see. As he looked away, I noticed a small blush as he turned towards the approaching boys.