Chapter three

chapter three

06:00-Stronghold

"You see him yet?" Hayes asks.

Jet shook her head. She turns away from him, hiding the look of regret on her face. "We have to keep moving," she chokes out. She didn't want to talk about him.

Hayes felt better than he had before, but his head still ached. He reloaded his DMR. He didn't want to leave and would go to extreme measures to stay. Stones was his friend, and he has the holo-map as well.

jet felt the tension building in the silent room. "We've got to move." Hayes didn't move. Jet felt a knot form in her throat. "I understand how you feel. losing a comrade, no, a friend, is hard. I lost everything, but that's what makes us soldiers strong." She walks up to behind him and places a hand on his shoulder. "Hayes, really I'm sorry."

Hayes shook her off and turned to her. "Stones is out there, I can feel it."

***

"Private Watt stones, Tetris Squad." a female voice sounded above Stones. "I don't know, Dex. He's been out for a while."

Dex looked at Samantha Stoddard. Her blue mark IV armor covered her young teenage features. He only shook his head.

"He's got a pulse, that matters to me." The man's helmet was off as he starred at the holo-map stones had dropped. Two yellow dots were on the level above them, surrounded by Covenant.

Travis Blacksmith cocked his shotgun and rubbed its barrel with his gloved thumb. "Do you think Jet's one of those friendlies on the map? He asked Dex. A scuff mark was on the silver surface of his helmet's visor.

 Travis was a ruthless killer. He slayed with no hesitation. Like the legendary 117, Spartan 102 was a Spartan II. Stolen as a child, he knew nothing but war itself. he wore soldier Spartan armor and carried five grenades. Each with a name of a Covenant ship master. They were what would dispose of the Elites bodies when he found them. He had dark brown buzzed hair and has a muscular build. He has a custom body kit for his M45 tactical shotgun.

Dexter Jensen was different. The leader of fire team Alpha, he wasn't ruthless, but was forceful. Wearing scout armor, his silver helmet with blue visor. He tried not to reveal himself to unknown friendlies, specially marines.unlike the rest of his squad he actually signed up for the Spartan IV program. His weapon of choice was an Assault Rifle.

Sam was specially different from the other Spartans. Spartan227 was the owner of he beaten up and worn armor Samantha was equipped with. She passed on Lilex in 2513. Sam had barely earned the the title, "teenager." Thirteen years old she found the dead body and stripped it of its armor and weapons. Thinking nothing o it, she rushed into battle. Becoming a war hero, the young girl was awarded the capability of becoming  Spartan 300. The number was her favorite. Her weapon of choice was dual Magnums.

Stones coughed. Sam pulled off her helmet and revealed her long blond hair. She pulled it up in a pony and refused to cut it. No one knew why, but they allowed her to leave it long, just not past her shoulders. Her strange blue eyes fixed on the man of her age.

"He's coming to." Travis ignored her an Dex only put the holo-map into a virtual ox that shrunk into his helmet.

Stones eyes opened to the heart shaped dace of Sam. He spoke, his voice horse, "Where's Private Nickolas Hayes?"

The three Spartans exchanged looks, not knowing the name.

Travis laughs, "You were in the scar," He uses his right hand to mimic Stones floating. "Dex," he points him out and adds a hand for him, " he saw and brought you back here. We had Sam pop your knee back into place." He rubbed his helmet. "You muttered that name you just mentioned the whole time you were out."