~Getting ready~

The rest of the week past in a blur of studying, homework, and talking about Liz's party. I hadn't seen Spiderman all week, so I never got a chance to ask him. But the party still sounded like it would be great fun, and I knew she was popular, so a lot of people would be there. The only ones not looking forward to it were MJ and Peter. I knew MJ wasn't a party person, so she was excused, but I couldn't understand why Peter didn't want to go. I thought he liked her, so I asked him in chemistry.
"Hey, Peter?"
"Annie?"
"Why aren't you excited for Liz's party?"
"I am." he lied, and then grimaced at how unconvincing he sounded.
"Really?" I deadpanned, "'cause it sure doesn't sound like you are. Is this because of what Ned said in Gym? Cause I thought you would be able to talk to Spiderman about making a cameo, cause of the internship, and-"

"No, I already told her Ned was lying. she seemed kinda sad, but she was cool about it and we actually had a great conversation. Until Flash decided to mock me about the whole thing." he told me, and I sighed.

"Typical Flash. So.. are you going?"

"Maybe. Are you?"

"Yeah, I already promised Gwen and Liz I'd go. But I think it would be more fun if you came," I added, and he brightened up.

"Okay then I'll go. May can pick us up and take us home, if you like?"

"That would be really nice." I smiled. "Now I just have to find something to wear-"

"Ms Romanov? Mr Parker?" Our teacher called from the front of the class, "Have you found something more important than covalent bonding to talk about?"

"No, Mrs Ward." We both mumbled, and she nodded.

"Good. Now, if you'll take a look at the question on the board..."

Later on...

"Mom, Wanda, Nat? I need your help." I rushed into the living room, and they looked up anxiously at my stressed face.

"What is it honey?" Pepper asked, and she walked over to me.

"There's this party tonight, and.."

"Nope. No parties." Tony interrupted, and I groaned.

"Come on, Dad. I'm 16 now!"

"And that's another reason as to why I'm not letting you go. Do you know what they do at those parties?"

"Yes, dad. Drugs and alcohol, right? I'm pretty familiar with both of those."
He looked taken aback, and I rolled my eyes at his obliviousness.

"Kidding," I said sarcastically, and he facepalmed.

"Annie, you shouldn't do that to your father." Bruce said, but Thor laughed.

"Isn't the lady legally allowed to drink now? The age is 14 in Asgard!" He boomed, and I grinned.

"Take me there someday, will you?" I asked, and he winked. I turned back to Tony, who looked me dead in the eyes.

"No. My answer is still no. I let you come on missions, and-"

"You let me? When did I lose the choice to
come along?"

"That did not come out the way I wanted it to-"

"Whatever. I'm going, and literally nothing you could say would stop me. Come on girls, I need to pick an outfit." Natasha smirked, and she, Pepper and Wanda followed me to my room, ignoring Tony's outraged  comments.
We reached my room, and I practically ran to the closet.