"I love you."

I said goodnight to the Avengers, and Pepper, and they all wished me a happy birthday before retiring to their own rooms. Peter would be staying in the guest room tonight, because it was too late (or early) for him to go home.

I did my usual nighttime routine, but didn't get changed, and wandered into the hallway. I  carefully checked that no one was around, before knocking on Peter's door.

"Hello?" Came his quiet voice from inside, and I lent my head against the door.

"It's me." I whispered, and I heard his footsteps across the floor, and the door was flung open.
"Oh!" I whisper shouted as I fell into his room, and he caught me just in time. I reached out a hand and closed the door gently, making sure it wouldn't pop open anytime soon.

"What're you- I mean- what do you-" he asked, and I stared nervously at him.

"Y'know, I really like you, Peter, and ever since that kiss, I..." I trailed off, and he faked a swoon.

"Is that Andromeda Stark, speechless?"

"Shut up!" I mumbled, turning red.

"So, you came in here because?"

"Because I'm not ready for this night to be over." I said, and he suddenly looked very interested.

"Is that right?"

I nodded, and he raised his eyebrows, a smile tugging at his lips.

"Come here, then." He whispered, and he wrapped his arm around my waist, kissing my neck softly and holding me close.

He kissed me slowly, and a low moan escaped my lips. I reached out and pulled off his shirt, before slipping out of my dress and tossing it into the floor. His hands traveled over my bare torso and he looked into my eyes.

"Are you sure you want to?" He asked, and I kissed him roughly in answer. He pulled me onto the bed, smirking as he did.

I slipped under the covers, and he dropped his trousers, before laying down next to me and pulling me close. He kissed me, his lips travelling all over my body, and I savoured his touch, running my hands through his hair and kissing his neck.

He gently moved me until I was directly under him, and swept my hair off my face.

"I've waited for a long time to do this, An." He whispered, and I pulled him closer.

"Not as long as I have." I replied, and I kissed him, holding him close, with absolutely no intention of letting him go.

____________

The next morning

I woke up gently, and realised I was sleeping in someone's arms, which were wrapped around my waist. I rolled over, and smiled as I took in Peter's face opposite mine. I remembered last night, and how amazing it had been with him. Wow. It had only been a few months since we "slept" together, and now we actually had.

His eyes fluttered open, and I leaned forward to kiss his nose, but he reached out a hand and pulled me in for a real kiss.

"Morning," he mumbled sleepily, and I laughed quietly, before gently untangling myself from him and sitting up.

"Last night, was..." I began, but he cut me off.

"Perfect." He finished, and he sat up next to me.

"So, do we tell the others that I didn't sleep in my own room, or not?" I grinned, and he went a little bit red.

"Uh, maybe not?" He chuckled, his eyes taking in our clothes, which lay abandoned on the floor.

"Fair. Although it was a pretty good night." I added slyly, and he smirked.

"Oh yeah?"

"Oh yeah."

At this his blush deepened, and I made a move to get up.

"Where are you going?" He asked, and I shrugged.

"To get a shirt." I replied, and he pointed to his.

"You can have mine if you like?" He said, and I gave him a quick grin before reaching over and picking his shirt up off the ground, and pulling it on.

"You look good in my clothes." He said, his eyes trailing over my body.

"I'll wear them more often, then." I smirked, and crawled back into my bed. I wrapped my arms firmly around his stomach and lent my head into his chest, and we just lay there, enjoying each other's touch and the quiet morning we had together.

We lay there for another hour or so, until around 10am, and he turned to face me.

"Should we maybe get up now?" He asked, and I turned the idea over in my head.

"The others will have raging hangovers today, so maybe not. Although we might get some alone time in the living room, so now I say yes." I told him, and he grinned.

"You want me to carry you?" He asked, a smug look on his face.

"Why would you-"

"In case you can't walk?" He finished, and I blushed red.

"Peter Parker, you little-"

But once again he cut me off, this time by kissing me, which was a lot more effective.

He tossed me clothes and we dressed, me still wearing Peter's shirt, before heading downstairs. True to his word, but against my protests, Peter carried me bridal style down the stairs, all the way to the sofa, where we curled up against one another.

We stayed there for a while, him gently playing with my hair, and I snuggled up on his chest.

"I love you." I whispered suddenly, and he sat up, dropping his hand. He looked at me with an odd expression on his face.
I realised what I had said, and immediately shuffled over the sofa, away from him.
"Sorry, I didn't mean-well, it just- I-" I stuttered, and his face softened, and he gently pulled me back over to him.

"I love you too, Annie." He smiled, and my breath caught in my throat.

"You do?"

"I do." We kissed, and melted into each other, and I wrapped my arms around him, and he held me close.
Just then, Wanda and Vision walked in, but paused as they saw us.

Vision cleared his throat, and we both jumped before realising it was them.

"Oh, hey guys." I smiled, and they walked over.

"So, what're you doing down here? Would've thought you would still be in bed." Wanda asked, and my eyes widened as I realised what she meant. She had already read my mind, the little snoop.

"Wanda!"

"What?" She said slyly, and we both laughed.

"We were just going to make breakfast for the others, if you'd like to help." Vision told us, and Peter and I exchanged glances before answering.

"Yeah sure." He said, and we stood up. I wobbled slightly, so Peter took my arm, and it was Wanda'a turn to look shocked, and slightly amused.

"Is that a new shirt, Annie?"

"Hmm? Oh, yeah. I got it, uh.."

"Somewhere good, I'm sure." She grinned, and I nodded weakly, somehow impressed that she figured it out so quickly. She'd better not tell the others.