The Engagement - End

--

Logs crackles softly in the fireplace, well stocked for the night. Across the room Rosie and Lisa are asleep. Rosie's arm is draped over Lisa, resting on her ribs on the left side. The brunettes hand rests just below that. Their rings sparkle in the firelight.

--

This kitchen of the Park home is empty when Lisa and Rosie come down in the morning. Rosie picks up a note off the island, and glances over it before slipping it into the pocket of her pyjama pants.

"Everyone is at the barn." Rosie says. "They're decorating it and we're not allowed to go find them." She takes two mugs out of the cupboard and two chai tea bags. Lisa spots a jar of coffee grounds.

Feeling content and sentimental, Lisa reaches up and takes the jar down. She takes the lid off and brings it up to take in the smell, humming approvingly, glancing at Rosie who gives her an amused look.

"Show me how you make your coffee." Lisa says, holding the jar to her chest.

"Really?"

Lisa nods. "I wanna try it." She smiles when Rosie smiles, watching her replace the tea bags in the cupboard and pull a metal coffee strainer out instead. Before she gets started she leans in and kisses Lisa, who gives a breath of a laugh in response.

Lisa sets the strainer on the island, and collects the rest of what she needs with confident familiarity. Lisa hops up and sits on the island as well, leaving Rosie enough space to work. She holds the jar of coffee grounds on her lap, watching Rosie with a relaxed affection.

Cinnamon, cocoa, and honey are placed on the island, and two little bowls and a tiny whisk. Rosie fills the kettle with water and turns it on, then returns to the island to carefully spoon out enough coffee for the both of them. Lisa watches her add the cocoa and cinnamon, and mix it in with their respective coffee ground before whisking it together.

"You can mix it with anything, but I like the whisk." Rosie says, and proceeds to add some honey to the bottom of their mugs.

"Smells nice already." Lisa says, reaching out to take Rosie's wrist and guide her over. Rosie contentedly steps between Lisa's legs and feels almost shy when her first move is to press gentle kisses to where her cheeks were so rubbed-raw the night before, before she kisses her lips. "They faded a lot." Lisa says, and Rosie smiles.

"Who knew you could worry so much." Rosie teases, rubbing Lisa's thigh idly.

Lisa makes a face. "I was worried about you when Bob knocked your coffee all over you."

Rosie hums in acknowledgement. "It wasn't hot enough to do much damage."