End Of Relationship

***

Chaeyoung stirs as the morning light peeks through her curtains. She reaches over to the other side of the bed, hoping to find Lisa and pull her in closer; but the space beside her was empty. Rustling from the kitchen brings a smile to Chaeyoung’s lips as memories of the previous night play out.

After rubbing her eyes, Chaeyoung lifts up her left hand, admiring the diamond ring that sat on her ring finger. It had just been them last night, a home cooked dinner, candles, dancing and cuddling on the couch before Lisa had proposed.

Chaeyoung is so wrapped up in her memories, she doesn't hear Lisa enter the room.

“You’re going to blind yourself if you keep staring at it,” Lisa smiles as she walks in. Carefully placing the tray she was carrying on the bedside table, Lisa moves to sit beside Chaeyoung.

She leans down for a kiss, “Morning beautiful.”

As lips part, neither of them dare to move too far just yet. Their lips ghosting over each other as smiles creep up on the both of them. Chaeyoung makes the first move and manoeuvres herself so that she’s straddling Lisa’s lap. Moving both her hands to gently caress either side of Lisa's face, she places three more quick kisses on the lips in front of her.

“Good.” Kiss.

“Morning.” Kiss.

“Beautiful.” Kiss.

Chaeyoung looks into Lisa’s eyes and all she can see is love and admiration which causes her heart to flutter. “We’re engaged,” she whispers.

“We’re engaged,” Lisa repeats, the smile on her face only growing wider. “I made you breakfast. You have to get to work soon."

Chaeyoung leans in for another kiss. “Mmm, thank you. It smells great.”

After breakfast, getting changed and a few more stolen kisses, Chaeyoung is about ready to leave for work. Rummaging through her bag she asks, “Hey babe, have you seen my-”

Lisa stands in front of Chaeyoung dangling a set of keys in front of her fiancé, “Keys?”

Chaeyoung grabs the keys and gives Lisa another quick kiss, “What would I do without you.” She starts to slip on her shoes, “You should update your status on Facebook and I’ll do it at work if I can get to a computer.”

“Jennie and Irene are going to hate you for not telling them as soon as it happened.”

Chaeyoung shrugs her shoulders. “They can’t be mad long, I’ll just tell them they won’t be invited to the wedding then.”

Lisa lets out a small laugh. “Then we'll definitely have wedding crashers."

Chaeyoung playfully shrugs her shoulders once more. “We’ll see them tonight anyways; I’m sure we’ll be bombarded with questions then, so be prepared for that.”

“I will,” Lisa chuckles.

Chaeyoung checks herself in the mirror once more, fixing her hair slightly. “Okay, I’m going to drop my phone off at the store to get fixed and I will be home by 6… which should give me more than enough time to get ready for the group dinner.”

“I still can’t believe you dropped your phone in soup. The things you do for a good vine,” Lisa teases.

Chaeyoung opens the door and turns to look back at Lisa. “It was snapchat actually,” she says as she sticks out her tongue before leaving.

Lisa just shakes her head and walks over to the door to lock it. She had the day off and was going to use it to catch up on some reading. She makes herself some green tea and settles down in the living room for the time being.