1. The blonde boy on the beach

this is an a/n from future me... I promise this book sucks less towards the end my writing here is absolute shit😭

"INDIE HURRY UP WERE LEAVING" Indies mom had never been patient with her. Her dad left when she was 3 and her mom never got over him, she had major alcohol issues because of it. Indie had gotten used to the constant drinking and yelling since it's all she's ever know.

She grew up on Cape Cod in MA, the outer banks would be a huge upgrade. "IM COMING MOM" she shouts back frustrated with her moms constant yelling. They had been packing all morning and where loading there stuff into the car.

        After hours of packing and arguing they finally had left. It felt good to leave her past behind. Whenever she was home it was sad. Indie had been wanting to leave her whole life as the Cape was never her ideal home. She'd been stalking Instagram seeing if she could find anyone from OBX to potentially become friends with.

                                || The next day ||
   "Mom I'm leaving!" Indie exclaims to her mother while walking out the door. "Be safe" she shouts back as Indie runs off. She always enjoyed the freedom her mom gave her she wasn't sure if it was because she was a drunk if she actually gave it to her but she didn't care , she could go wherever she wanted whenever she wanted. Indie found a nice spot on the beach where she layed out her towel and took off her clothes leaving her in a light green bikini.

She dipped her feet in the water and swam for awhile when a blonde haired boy approached her. "Hey are you new?" The tall boy asked. "Ya I'm new" she replies. "Sweet I'm JJ how about you?" he asks. "Indigo but people call me Indie. "Well nice to meet you Indie. Where are you from?" "Cape Cod" "it's pretty boring" she added. "you surf?" "ya..." she reply's getting annoyed with the tall boys questions. "Well umm there's a party tonight at the bone yard at 7 if you wanna come, I'll be there" he offers trying to lighten the mood. "Tempting, maybe I'll be there" she says. JJ smiles and runs off.

Indie spends a few more hours at the beach surfing and walking around before going home. "I'm home mom!" She shouts as she walks in but gets no response. "Mom!?" She says again hoping for an answer this time. Indie goes up to her moms room to find her passed out with an empty bottle of vodka next to her. "go figure" she mumbles under her breath before going to her room.

          Before she knew it it was 6 pm and almost time to leave for the party. She showers and gets ready. Before she leaves she checks on her mom hoping she's awake but she's still sleeping. "bye mom, love you" she says sadly before rushing out the door. Indie finds her way to the bone yard quite easily. She was always the life of the party so this was gonna be fun.

      "Hey- hey indie!" She turns around to see the blonde boy from the beach. "JJ?" She says while walking up to him. A girl and two boys are standing with him. "That's Kiara-" "Kie" she says cutting him off. "T-that's Kie, and John B and pope" "well nice to meet you guys" she says happily. "I'm indigo but everyone calls me Indie." "Oh shit I'm gonna go screw with the princess" JJ says mischievously. "The princess?" indigo asks wondering who this princess is. "Sarah Cameron, kook princess" Kie tells her sounding annoyed. "Kie best friend in the 8th worst enemy in the 9th" John B adds.

Indie looks over and sees JJ taunting the blonde girl. "I'll be right back" Indie says while walking over to JJ. "Hey- hey Sarah can I interest you in a tasty Milwaukee beverage?" "N-no thanks you" the pretty girl says. "You know what, I'll take it" another tall blonde adds. They argue back and fourth when the boy spills JJs beer in his face. JJ pushes him back but John B splits them up. "Dirty pogues!" The mystery boy yells while John B goes at him.

They start fighting in the water. "That's my boy!" JJ shouts. Indie rolls her eyes watching the two boys fight. "TOPPER!" Indie looks over to see the kook yelling for her boyfriend. "Should someone stop them?" Indigo asks JJ nervously while watching them fight. She gets no response. "He's drowning him!" Kie yells. JJ springs into action, grabbing something out of his back and going to Topper.
He puts the gun to Toppers head. "Your move broski" JJ mutters. Topper drops John Bs head and walks away. "LISTEN UP EVERYBODY GET THE HELL OFF OUR SIDE OF THE ISLAND!" He says while shooting the gun in the air.

|| Thanks for reading I might do more ||