Chapter 15 {A True Meaning Of...}

Again, for more pain, listen to the video above :D

"Jinx? What is she doing here?" You stared through the window, watching the nurse perform CPR on Jinx. There you also saw Axel, trying to choke back her tears. 

"Hey! Ms. L/N you're not supposed to be out of your hospital bed!" Another doctor yelled out, running to you down the hall. Once he was close enough to you, you knocked him out in one hit and continued observing through the window. 

"N/N... What's going on here?" A deep, female voice you heard in your left ear. There you saw Luna, with a white eye. The pupil in her left eye was white. "L-Luna?" It had been a month, and she looked much different now. Her braided gray hair was set down. "Is that... Jinx?" Luna asked, taking a closer look at Jinx in the hospital bed through the window. 

Before you replied to Luna, you saw the nurse relax her nerves and remove her hands from Jinx's chest. She sighed, but not in relief. In disappointment. Of herself. You could hear the flatline through the wall. It was then you realized. 

She's dead. 

Luna exhaled and closed her eyes. It was her way of relaxing. You just couldn't stay relaxed. "O-Oh, Y/N and Luna... I'm very sor-" Before one of the doctors could complete their apology, you punched him without hesitating. "Y/N!" Your doctor yelled, then ran over to you and tried to pull you off of the doctor you kept on throwing fists at. 

You were soon returned to your room, not saying a word. You just looked out at the sky. But... The sky. The sky was no longer blue. It was more of a warm, yellow, orange, red, sky. I believe people call it... A sunset. The sun was setting. 

Out of nowhere, you could hear footsteps. Echoey footsteps. Running footsteps on concrete. In the blink of an eye, you saw a blonde boy. You know who it is. 

You jumped out of your hospital bed and started running to where your feet would take you. You didn't know how long the run would be from the hospital to your destination, but you just had to get out. "Hey! Stop right there!" Security yelled out. But you pointed your gun at them first. You aimed it at them for a while, then realized that they'd be a waste of your time. So you started running away. As fast as your feet could take you. 

While running, the pain in your stomach came again. Your speed got slower as the pain kept on coming, but yet you still continued to run. 

"Howcome I'm running?" 

"I know that I can't run in this state." You told yourself. 

The sun was almost finished setting, and everything got colder. It took such a long time, but you finally arrived. You arrived at... The bridge. It was a promise. Even thought Ash had already broken it, you still kept it. The bridge was very big, it went over a large body of water. You ran now on the bridge, but then fell to the ground. Nobody was around the bridge, nobody was there to help you out. 

"Why must I be so fucking useless?" 

"Why can't I move?" 

"What's wrong with me?" So many you wondered of. 

"I have... I have to keep on moving. I'm late." You whispered weakly, and picked yourself up from the ground and brushed off your hospital dress. Taking deep breaths in, you continued running your way to the middle of the bridge. Where you and him always met everytime you were separated. And... 

There you saw him. 

Running into your direction. 

The sight of seeing him instead of pitch black was something you couldn't explain. It was beyond happiness. Your pace sped up, and this wasted your stamina. Right as you reached the middle of the bridge, your legs let go of the weight it carried and you fell into his arms. 

He held you close, you smelled his sweet scent as he did. You could feel all your energy draining out of you that you couldn't even put your arms around him. 

"Hey..." He whispered. You listened closely. 

"You're late." He told. 

You giggled weakly, playfully trying to punch his arm. As he held you in his arms on the ground, you could hear soft crying noises coming from Ash. His tears fell on you. You smiled and told him: "I'm okay." He was glad. He'd always come to the bridge, even though he knew you were in the hospital laying in your bed with shut eyes. 

This time, he saw you. 

He cared about you. 

Everything around you was meaningless. 

All you really needed was Ash to live. 

He gave you a true meaning... 

Of life.