Dawn of Light

Lorraine

After I dropped off the kids at their grandparents. It was Saturday and I wanted to spend some time with my family. Roland went golfing with his clients which left me with plenty of time to spend with my most beloved family.

Shane's car was there. Why was he here? I didn't mind at all that he came over but I just didn't like Cat around my home.

As soon as I walked inside, she came hugging me "sis... so glad you are here. We can all hangout."

I disliked the way she called me sis. I was not her sis.

"Cat dear... I think you should just call me Lorraine. I am not used to someone else calling me sis."

The boys all heard it. Shane raised a brow looking at me.

"It's okay I'll call you Lorraine. Sis is just a label. The most important thing is we are family now."

Looping her arm in mine she dragged me to the couch.

"Did you eat yet Lorraine? Kyle is cooking my favorite dish today ... pasta."

Pasta? When was that her favorite dish?

I glared at Kyle "you are making Cat's favorite dish pasta?"

What was wrong with everyone lately.

Kyle shrugged "no... I am making pasta your favorite since I know you're coming. But Cat said it's also her favorite too."

I suddenly saw the pair of emerald earrings Cat was wearing, they were mine.

"Cat... the earrings you have on. Where did you get them?"

She pulled her hair up showing off the earrings.

"From your jewellery box. Last time you said I can borrow anything when we were here. Remember?"

I wanted to yank the earrings off her ears.

"Cat... I mean you cannot just go through my things and take whatever you want without asking me. That's called stealing."

Tears were forming in her eyes once again. What was with all these tears.

Shane came to her rescue .

"Rain... Cat admires you so much. She thinks everything of yours is beautiful."

I didn't care what she thought, she cannot just take anything she wanted from me without asking.

"Cat... please take them off right now. Those earrings have sentimental values to me."

Those earrings were a gift from Roland's Nana.

She handed them back to me saying "I'm sorry for taking your Shaney..."

Did I hear that right?

"What did you say Cat?"

Her lips were quivering.

"I said I'm sorry for taking your earrings."

I got on my feet and went straight into my room. I must remember to lock my doors from now on. I've never met anyone like her in my 32 years of life.

Lucas came in and sat down at the very edge of the bed.

"You're angry today ma belle but you give it to her good. She totally deserves it."

Finally someone agrees with me.

"Lucas... Can I confess in you?"

He nudge me on the shoulder.