Pluviophile

"I love the rain as much as I love you, I love the way it always speaks to me, to my soul and all."

Lorraine

I am allowing myself a day off. I am home and Joshua is super excited "Beach momma ." He loves the beach, such a beach baby. I smack his little butt softly "Go ask Uncle Lucas... see if he wants to go with us." He prances off to look for Lucas. I start making coffee when he comes back holding on to Lucas' finger "Just what I need, a cup of nice hot coffee." I glance at him "You dropped Laia at preschool already?" He comes over and plants a quick kiss on my cheek "You know I've never seen a little girl that likes going to school this much." Since Laia is three, she originally goes to school three times a week. After the first week, she keeps asking to go to school everyday. Lucas and Kyle finally sign her up for full time preschool. Kyle keeps saying she's just like me. I cannot remember if I liked going to school at that age "So you want to head to the beach for a little while with us French boy?" The coffee is finally done and I pour a cup for him "Thanks Ma belle. I would love to but I cannot. I have to head down to the art gallery soon because I have to bring a few paintings over." I pout "Fine... I only have one day off and you don't want to spend it with us." He grabs my head from the side gently and kisses my temple "I'm really sorry ma belle... next time you tell me earlier and we'll go somewhere fun." I sigh "Okay... I will take him myself then." He crouches down to talk to Joshua "I have work to do today... but you can ask Uncle Shaney." I sit down on the counter stool "Isn't he at work?" Lucas takes out his phone "Even if he is, he'll come running home knowing you are home." I spin myself around and around on the swivel stool chair "No... let him work. I don't want him to coming home just for me." He gives Joshua a hug "I'll see you later unkie J." I roll my eyes "Can you stop calling him unkie please..." He laughs "Well he is Uncle Roland's boy..." He picks up his coffee mug and walks away "See you later ma belle." I stop spinning on the stool chair get off and I pick Joshua up in my arms "Guess it's just you and me today sweetheart." We go to check up on Kaia and she's sound asleep, I tell the nanny Serena "I'll be heading out in a little bit. Should be back in 2 or 3 hours most." Serena nods "Don't worry and go enjoy your off day Lorraine." Serena is a godsend... she is in her 50s very reliable and nurturing "Call me if you need anything."

I go change with Joshua following me "Momma we play in sand too." He climbs up on my bed and starts jumping "Don't fall off the bed please." He giggles as he bounces up and down "Fun..." I go into my walk in closet to get dressed. After I'm done I go out and Joshua is still jumping "Okay sweetheart... you done with jumping? Ready to go?" He stops and slides off the bed so fast, this boy is quick "Let's go momma."

I love this beach so much. So much memories, the bonfires the romantic walks with Roland.

I find the perfect spot for me to get some sun and for Joshua to play in the sand

I find the perfect spot for me to get some sun and for Joshua to play in the sand. I lay out the towels "Sweetheart... here's your sand bucket and shovel... You can play over there but don't walk out too far okay?" He mutters "Okay." After I spray sunblock on him, I take out my suntan lotion trying to rub as much as I can allover my body when someone says "Need help?" I look up and it's Shaney.